• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TT Boy said:
Good one Jamie, did not fancy watching the last fourteen overs and seeing you block.
So let me get this right - the one's who are playing shots and getting out are in the wrong, and also the one's who are trying to stay in.

They cannot win at all then?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So let me get this right - the one's who are playing shots and getting out are in the wrong, and also the one's who are trying to stay in.

I'm all for staying in but Dalrymple was shutting up shop after the horse was well and truly bolted.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
If by they you mean England then yes, you're right. Seriously though, how dire are they at OD cricket now?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Paul 'The Magpie' Collingwood is the best batsman England have, only one who can work hard.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Paul 'The Magpie' Collingwod is the best batsman England have, only one who can work hard.
Maybe so but it's a shame his so limited as a batsman.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fitting way for it to end, really. Well bowled & fielded India and very well captained Mr Dravid. Top stuff.

This may be the old duffer in me, but I really love watching Powar bowl. Such a beautiful orthodox offie's action. Gets turn &, judging by Dalrymple's dismissal, has a quality top-spinner too.

&, It may be stating the obvious, but how shocking were we? :-O

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TT Boy said:
Maybe so but it's a shame his so limited as a batsman.
You can have all the shots in the world, but unless you can knuckle down and leave the right balls you'll never be successful.

sideshowtim

Banned
How can England be so good at one form of the game but so terribly bad at the other? Poor show England. Hopefully this dents their confidence for when we meet up with them.