• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
Gawd if only the stupid muppet batsmen hadn't largely thrown their wickets away.

Which ones? 16 wickets have fallen so far, and about 12 of them have been stupid muppet batsmen.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
Nah, I like pitches like these once in a while. Every pitch these days gets scores of 350+. Won't someone please think of the bowlers? A 400 run pitch is just as bad as a 100 run pitch, and you need both of them once in a while to mix things up.
I know what you mean but I'm thinking of the public who pay the money, rather than the bowlers. I mean, even Dally looks dangerous on this 'un.

Sort of agree though, limited overs cricket is all about batting tbh, that's why it's such an e format and why I and most of our boring English mob dislike it.

I realise I'm doing an about turn but it is what it is LOC, and dodgy wickets don't help the punter, who at the end of the day is all that matters.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
Which ones? 16 wickets have fallen so far, and about 12 of them have been stupid muppet batsmen.
I meant English - it's a standard thing. The bowling usually gets the blame but the batting loses more matches even tho it's supposedly strong.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pedro Delgado said:
I know what you mean but I'm thinking of the public who pay the money, rather than the bowlers. I mean, even Dally looks dangerous on this 'un.

Sort of agree though, limited overs cricket is all about batting tbh, that's why it's such an e format and why I and most of our boring English mob dislike it.

I realise I'm doing an about turn but it is what it is LOC, and dodgy wickets don't help the punter, who at the end of the day is all that matters.
I don't know. I go to see the bowlers up******* stumps as much as I go to see batsman hitting fours. I don't find it very boring.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
I meant English - it's a standard thing. The bowling usually gets the blame but the batting loses more matches even tho it's supposedly strong.
Yea, well India aren't exactly putting on a great exhibition of batting. Dumbass Dhoni! :@

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
I don't know. I go to see the bowlers up******* stumps as much as I go to see batsman hitting fours. I don't find it very boring.
Fair dos, and it's good to see the batters struggle and the bowlers have their 15 minutes.

Generally though I'd say the Jaipurians tonight would've been up for some swashbuckling action.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pedro Delgado said:
Fair dos, and it's good to see the batters struggle and the bowlers have their 15 minutes.

Generally though I'd say the Jaipurians tonight would've been up for some swashbuckling action.

Yea, I agree with you. I'm just saying its not necessarily bad, for the sport and especially for Indian bowlers, if they get a chance or two to have their averages below 40.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Big rap for Dairylicious, 2/5 off 4. Cricket is a funny game, Harmison averages 17 for the match, Mahmood who bowled pretty well goes wicketless.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Fireworks and shots of the Pink State we're the real winners tonight.

:)

Nah, well played Indiah! We played the conditions poorly early doors and should've saved up for a late onslaught, not to say Munny and the lads didn't bowl well they did. Munny impresses me every time I see him, shame Shreeo didn't get a game I like him too.

Dravid

International Captain
India won, so happy. Beautiful fireworks in the background. Great slow inning by Sachin.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
Big rap for Dairylicious, 2/5 off 4. Cricket is a funny game, Harmison averages 17 for the match, Mahmood who bowled pretty well goes wicketless.
That's what happens when you're a complete buffoon who hits to the ball to a boundary fielder. Also do England have the worst wicketkeeper/batsman remaining in this competition? Read has offered practically nothing since his first Test back in ODIs and Tests.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
In the end a good win for India. The pitch got trickier and trickier to bat on, but with India's bowling performance they were always well on their way to victory. Munaf, Pathan and Powar were nothing short of outstanding.

Powar should play 9/10 games for India in ODIs, his loop is fantastic.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
In the end a good win for India. The pitch got trickier and trickier to bat on, but with India's bowling performance they were always well on their way to victory. Munaf, Pathan and Powar were nothing short of outstanding.

Powar should play 9/10 games for India in ODIs
, his loop is fantastic.
What about pitches helping seamers? Would you go for Bhajji plus Powar or one of the two (then who)? Also, should Kumble be in the equation at all for you in the future?