Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pretty poor form to go on and on about it, you've said your piece, don't have to lace every post with the same thing.

This is a bad day for a pretty mediocre English one day team. Selection problems are rife, but make no mistake, this has no bearing on anything to do with the Ashes.
    It does if they pick Harmison, Anderson and Mahmood for their test squad.. Surely a hammering here would at least dent their confidence if nothing more?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by sideshowtim
    To be fair I think it has more to do with the fact that England are bowling pure rubbish than India playing superbly.
    Well whatelse would u expect from england??? India from the start smashed them around, its really hard to comeback and with such a low score to achieve.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Mahmood leading the way with his control.

I feel ill.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    It does if they pick Harmison, Anderson and Mahmood for their test squad.. Surely a hammering here would at least dent their confidence if nothing more?
    Do you honestly think Harmison would have the problems he's having if he was bowling with a red pea?

Test matches and one dayers are two different games, take Andrew Symonds for instance...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

To be fair I think it has more to do with the fact that England are bowling pure rubbish than India playing superbly.
    Yeah no doubt England aren't bowling as good as they always have, but I'm still so happy I woke up seeing India in a winning position. I was sleeping through the bowling, because I thought Indias bowling, it's 5 in the morning, so theres no point in watching now. So I just woke up and couldnt believe the score.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Harmy went for 0-81 off 9.5 in the last ODI against Australia, then took 5-43 and 3-54 in the first Test.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Do you honestly think Harmison would have the problems he's having if he was bowling with a red pea?

Test matches and one dayers are two different games, take Andrew Symonds for instance...
    It's well documented that Harmison doesn't travel well and suffers from serious homesickness problems. The fact that he is bowling like this away from home will certainly dent his confidence. If he took 5 wickets in this match he would be brimming with confidence and feel alot better about coming to Australia later this year.

This match will impact on their mindset and confidence coming up to the Ashes. Getting hammered always does. You could argue that Australia getting belted in the 20/20 dented Australia's confidence for the Ashes...and I think it's almost certain that it did. They are completely different forms of cricket though.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Harmy went for 0-81 off 9.5 in the last ODI against Australia, then took 5-43 and 3-54 in the first Test.
    And then did comparatively eff all for the rest of the series.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

It's well documented that Harmison doesn't travel well and suffers from serious homesickness problems. The fact that he is bowling like this away from home will certainly dent his confidence. If he took 5 wickets in this match he would be brimming with confidence and feel alot better about coming to Australia later this year.

This match will impact on their mindset and confidence coming up to the Ashes. Getting hammered always does. You could argue that Australia getting belted in the 20/20 dented Australia's confidence for the Ashes...and I think it's almost certain that it did. They are completely different forms of cricket though.
    Rubbish. England don't give a toss about OD cricket, it's all about the Ashes.

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy
    And then did comparatively eff all for the rest of the series.
    Yeah, dismissing Clarke with the last ball on day 3 at Edgbaston, then getting rid of Kasper to win the game for England.

No he wasn't at his best but it would be foolish to say he done 'eff all' for the rest of the series.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

Hahaha wtf, we went out and slapped England in the first test.

There's alot of cricket to be played between now and the ashes, and if this was a week or so before the first ashes test you may have a (weak) point.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Rubbish. England don't give a toss about OD cricket, it's all about the Ashes.
    The mentality of a World Champion side: We only care about one tournament in one form of cricket.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    The mentality of a World Champion side: We only care about one tournament in one form of cricket.
    I've said this ad nauseum, but thats the difference between Eng and Aus. Aus take all tourneys seriously and go all out to win each one.

England: Oh, its the subcontinent, who cares?
    England: Oh, its just ODI, who cares?
    England: Oh its just SL at home, who cares?

It's a ridiculous mentality to have. Even if your fans feel that way (which you can't do much about), you can't let the team feel that way and thats what I get when I watch them play.

Aussies made winning in India their biggest priority under Waugh. Why? Precicely because it was hard and they hadn't done it yet. And thats why they became the champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne
    Yeah, dismissing Clarke with the last ball on day 3 at Edgbaston, then getting rid of Kasper to win the game for England.

No he wasn't at his best but it would be foolish to say he done 'eff all' for the rest of the series.
    I stand corrected on those counts, but the key word there is comparatively, both with his own performance at Lord's and his fast-bowling partners over the rest of the series. He was certainly England's least effective seamer.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    I've said this ad nauseum, but thats the difference between Eng and Aus. Aus take all tourneys seriously and go all out to win each one.

England: Oh, its the subcontinent, who cares?
    England: Oh, its just ODI, who cares?
    England: Oh its just SL at home, who cares?

It's a ridiculous mentality to have. Even if your fans feel that way (which you can't do much about), you can't let the team feel that way and thats what I get when I watch them play.

Aussies made winning in India their biggest priority under Waugh. Why? Precicely because it was hard and they hadn't done it yet. And thats why they became the champions.
    Spot on there mate. England will never be #1 until they start branching out and taking other tournaments seriously. Going well in ODI cricket, despite what you Pommy fans think, will definitely improve your sides mentality and confidence for the longer form of the game.

Despite popular belief, cricketers are human beings and you're kidding yourself if you think a poor performance in a one dayer won't effect their mindset in a test match.

Thread Information