• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`ve read up to Page 11, and I don`t think anyone is talking about Pathan. Except Aussie with yet another God-like prediction.

He`s bowled amazingly when you conisder the utter crap he`s bowled in his last dozen matches. Credit where credit is due? He`s bowling a tad quicker than usual and swinging it a bit. A bit of the old Pathan. :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nnanden said:
I`ve read up to Page 11, and I don`t think anyone is talking about Pathan. Except Aussie with yet another God-like prediction.

He`s bowled amazingly when you conisder the utter crap he`s bowled in his last dozen matches. Credit where credit is due? He`s bowling a tad quicker than usual and swinging it a bit. A bit of the old Pathan. :)
Yeah top effort from Pathan. He swung the ball appreciably and had control. Plus he was a bit quicker as you mentioned.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Super bowling by a team that's not noted for it. SS, eat your heart out. :p

Powar and Patel in particular showing form fit to be bottled. Dravid's left his unique stamp on the Indian captaincy and led from the front with great catching and anticipation.

More than anything, I reckon it was the disparity in attitudes that was the difference. The Indians (particularly the outfielders) were absolute dynamite in the field, and nothing went begging. The same can be applied to England. The only batsmen to show real character in the middle were the only ones to reach double figures (apart from Strauss, who was crap and lucky).

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sideshowtim said:
How can England be so good at one form of the game but so terribly bad at the other? Poor show England. Hopefully this dents their confidence for when we meet up with them.
I hope so, then they might not think they can hit sixes at will and play across the line without risk. Complete shower.