• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Slow Love™ said:
This isn't the first time Ponting has persisted with Lee in spite of all reason. I think that usually it's a (misguided) matter of trying to play him into form, but in this case, keeping him on is probably just accelerating the end of Lee's career in international cricket (it's probable that the nails will be driven into the coffin in India).

Come on Ponting, wake the hell up and give Lehmann or Clarke a spell. This is starting to get scary.
In fairness, Lee has come back well in the next 2 overs - it's now Kaspa's turn to get a bit of 'ommer.

Top half-century from Trescothick - there's a few thought he would be undone very easily.

Lehmann into the attack now - Vegemite time. Will it leave a foul taste in England's mouth?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Did a bit of amateur simple Duckworth/Lewis. Turns out, if there had been an onslaught of rain, England would win by 36 runs.

Suggests they're in control to me...

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Well the way it is going, it looks like England is gonna win this thing and we're gonna have an upset. But you can never count the australians out.

Australia has never won ICC championship. Probably same this year too..........

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's looking extremely promising for England at the moment, I joined back in just as Kasper went for 6, nice timing on my behalf. Come on someone, the spinners perhaps.

Slow Love™

International Captain
A couple of quick wickets, and Australia can be right back in this game - particularly if they can get Flintoff cheaply.

But it doesn't look real pretty right now. I thought that Australia's failure to accelerate during their innings might have been a problem, but I didn't expect our bowling to present so little difficulty up to this point.

It ain't over yet though... Symonds on now.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
A couple of quick wickets, and Australia can be right back in this game - particularly if they can get Flintoff cheaply.
IMO Australia need four wickets to come back. Trescothick, Vaughan, Strauss and Flintoff. And they need them within the next fifteen overs - otherwise Collingwood, Jones and Giles, who are no mean batsmen, will have their say at the end.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
IMO Australia need four wickets to come back. Trescothick, Vaughan, Strauss and Flintoff. And they need them within the next fifteen overs - otherwise Collingwood, Jones and Giles, who are no mean batsmen, will have their say at the end.
I think they need MORE than four wickets within the next fifteen overs to have any chance, really - bearing in mind that would be taking us inside the final 10. But all I'm saying is that 2-3 wickets quickly would at least throw us back into contention - given that right now, England are cruising to an easy victory.

Another Champions Trophy disaster beckons... :(

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
England require 106 runs in 20 overs with 9 wickets in hand. It should be an easy one now.

Bye Bye Australia, :) Mr. Ponting See you in next ICC CT.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the English press would be gleefully warming up the printers....it looks extremely good for them.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Too Little too late. Expect either Flintoff or Collingwood to power England into the finals.(That is if they lose another wicket)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Too Little too late. Expect either Flintoff or Collingwood to power England into the finals.(That is if they lose another wicket)
Wouldn't it be nice if the captain did it, after all the talk that he can't bat in ODIs?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ahhh tragic :( I wanted a Tresco 100. Still an awesome knock.
Hopefully Vaughan can take them to the end. What a match to finally get a good score. None more vital.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Ahhh tragic :( I wanted a Tresco 100. Still an awesome knock.
Hopefully Vaughan can take them to the end. What a match to finally get a good score. None more vital.
Agreed, Especially as i have him at 20-1 to get the top score in the semis :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
Juggling his bowlers from here is going to be a real test for Ponting.
Six for Gillespie, five for McGrath and three for Kaspa + whatever Lehmann and Symonds fills in. I would have thought. McGrath did bowl fairly well until Tresco smacked him about.