• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The world has gone mad with women’s sports

I can somewhat understand the Matildas as it was a home World Cup & was always going to be a massive event but the women’s college basketball is a joke

Watched the 2nd half and don’t think it’s unfair to claim that 42yo Lauren Jackson with shot knees would torch most of those ladies & yet the media would have you believe that Clark is the 2nd coming of Jordan plus it will be one of the most watched events this year

Ali TT

International Debutant
The world has gone mad with women’s sports

I can somewhat understand the Matildas as it was a home World Cup & was always going to be a massive event but the women’s college basketball is a joke

Watched the 2nd half and don’t think it’s unfair to claim that 42yo Lauren Jackson with shot knees would torch most of those ladies & yet the media would have you believe that Clark is the 2nd coming of Jordan plus it will be one of the most watched events this year
Regardless of the quality, that it's becoming hugely popular is a good thing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Eagerly awaiting Doc's analysis on the home loss to the Knicks, now that he's solved the mystery of the road losses...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The should stop saying eliminated from the playoffs and start saying 'clinched lottery slot'. More consistent with all the other clinching happening of late.

Ali TT

International Debutant
The London Lions (W) have become the first British basketball side to win a European competition, although it sounds like the owners of the franchise are ripping it up so they won't be around to defend the title next year.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The London Lions (W) have become the first British basketball side to win a European competition, although it sounds like the owners of the franchise are ripping it up so they won't be around to defend the title next year.
That was a waste.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Thunder take the first seed in the West, Nuggets second, Twolves third. The Pelicans slip into the play-in after a crushing loss to the heating up Lakers, who they'll face off again on Wednesday. The Ws are red hot but still need to win in Sacramento.

Pacers get into the play-offs, meaning the 76ers and Heat join the ugly-as-hell Bulls and Hawks in the East play-in. Gotta hope neither of those latter two make it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the lakers get through they play-in, that's a brutal match up for OKC. Lakers are just too big for them.

Bucks have been hilariously bad, and the pacers have had their number this season but Indianas probably a better match up for them than the Heat/Sixers would've been. Doubt it'll matter anyway, they're not going to be legit contenders either way.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
If the lakers get through they play-in, that's a brutal match up for OKC. Lakers are just too big for them.
Whoever wins the Lakers-Pelicans matchup will play the Nuggets, not Thunder. The Lakers vs Thunder will happen if they lose against New Orleans but then beat the winner of Golden State vs Sacramento...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Boston has to be one of the most complete NBA teams in recent history, no holes in their roster to speak of and at full strength, you have to think no one can beat them in a 7 game series…

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boston has to be one of the most complete NBA teams in recent history, no holes in their roster to speak of and at full strength, you have to think no one can beat them in a 7 game series…
Just lacking the absolute top end individual talent

Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose at all to a team with a genuine superstar as they’re impossible to stop

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Man, I know I've been disconnected from the NBA for a few years now, but who the hell are all these people playing for the Thunder?

I'm looking at the roster thinking at least I know Wiggins but that's not even Andrew. Bismack the only familiar name.

Sad days. I remember back when I could name almost every playoff teams starters.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose at all to a team with a genuine superstar as they’re impossible to stop
In short, do they finally have an answer for Nikola Jokic?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

Tatum is a genuine superstar. Brown comes pretty close to that definition as well.