• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

Is Ravichandran Ashwin an ATG test bowler?

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dude, I don't do hate. I'm the guy who has been called a bc by Shri and others multiple times and let it slide while you guys apparently watched in approval.

Hates more your thing.
Bc can almost be a term of endearment along pals Tbf. Only Shri can confirm his intention though.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
I already said its the black friend defence.
Honestly, I don't think Subs really has any problem with any Indian cricketer not named Ashwin and Jadeja though..... I get where you're coming from, but I think it's been enough of a **** show already and we should let this thread slowly die now.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Also for the record:
- Dhoni greatest ever ODI captain
- Kohlis team strongest in Asian history
- Gavaskar greatest ever test opener after Hobbs
- Bumrah better than Cummins

And several others...
So, you do rate Kohli's India over 90s Pakistan? Gotta admit, didn't expect that from you.....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honestly, I don't think Subs really has any problem with any Indian cricketer not named Ashwin and Jadeja though..... I get where you're coming from, but I think it's been enough of a **** show already and we should let this thread slowly die now.
Nah.. it's always been about not being able to stomach India doing well. "I liked the 90s India" is just another way to downgrade the current side's achievements which is almost exclusively the context in which he brings it up. I don't actually think he hates Jaddu and Ashwin, per se. It's just that acknowledging their greatness would mean he would have acknowledge the greatness of the Indian side too.

subshakerz

International Coach
It's not that deep, people. Subshakerz trolls Indian posters because they get mad. That's literally it.
Honestly not. I get equally juiced defending my views on Kallis or Ambrose against pushback. It is just that against certain Indian posters they react differently to me.

subshakerz

International Coach
Nah.. it's always been about not being able to stomach India doing well. "I liked the 90s India" is just another way to downgrade the current side's achievements which is almost exclusively the context in which he brings it up. I don't actually think he hates Jaddu and Ashwin, per se. It's just that acknowledging their greatness would mean he would have acknowledge the greatness of the Indian side too.
Maybe *shocker* I genuinely felt that the current team is being overhyped in certain respects. The same way I felt Kallis, Sehwag, Ambrose were being overrated.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I have no trouble with anyone who feel being ATG is exclusive to being good enough to be in the top 15 or 20 cricketers of all time or whatever **** they feel is the criteria.

The issue is with the idiots here who argue things and when proven wrong, shift goalposts and continue doing the same thing over many threads and many months even though its obvious the majority have already shown what they think of the questions being asked. As I said, its almost impossible to actually discuss anything related to Indian cricket without the one guy (and apparently now his one crony) showing up and derailing each thread with the same nonsense.
Since I'm his crony now, despite the fact that I disagree with more of his posts than you do.

You mean derail the thread or the coronation.

Because apparently the answer should have been yes and everyone just agree on how great he is. That's not how anything works.

subshakerz

International Coach
Since I'm his crony now, despite the fact that I disagree with more of his posts than you do.

Because apparently the answer should have been yes and everyone just agree on how great he is. That's not how anything works.
Hence why I argue that bad faith is going on in this thread. He doesn't really want a debate, he wants to snipe remaining dissenters and snatch a consensus. I didn't bite hence I get his opprobrium.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Dude.. it's not just this thread which is the whole point. Any thread on Indian cricket is taken over by his drivel.

And when his points are obviously proven wrong, he just shifts goalposts to post the same garbage. It's why so many are fed up.

And it's funny you think you are his crony when I clearly meant someone else. Says more about your insecurity than anything else so continue doing you and interpreting things no one ever said here in this thread as something that was posted. If that is what helps you sleep.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Feud, L..

And I am the snowflake, sure.

Pointer that Ash is in fact an ATG and nothing has been proven to the contrary. :laugh:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Dude.. it's not just this thread which is the whole point. Any thread on Indian cricket is taken over by his drivel.

And when his points are obviously proven wrong, he just shifts goalposts to post the same garbage. It's why so many are fed up.

And it's funny you think you are his crony when I clearly meant someone else. Says more about your insecurity than anything else so continue doing you and interpreting things no one ever said here in this thread as something that was posted. If that is what helps you sleep.
He does that in every argument though, and has been accused of such.

He has frustrated and come after me with some of his comments to the point I thought it was personal, and it's to the point where I'm not even allowed to call the name of a certain cricketer in this forum. Has anyone ever defended me in those instances? Did I attack him? That's all I'm saying.

Re the crony thing, you had literally referenced my name in a previous post along with his and tjb and I was defending myself. I do apologise though.

With regards to my posts in this thread, I know what it feels like to be ganged up on here and it's almost tantamount to bullying and I don't like to see it. Yes he brings a lot of it into himself, but he has his opinions and are allowed to state them.

I have nothing against you, Ash or any team or player. I genuinely don't think he's an ATG, same as with Walsh, Anderson, Weekes, Walcott etc. they are all great players but I believe there's a line somewhere. It can't be all players whose name we remember is automatically there.

As I said earlier, Subs has to realize that as protective he is of Imran, apparently you guys are of your players and thread a bit more lightly.

Genuinely hope there's no hard feelings.