• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

White Ball

State 12th Man
Such a strange point to make. But for the big innings from India in the second Test we’d have won. And that confidence would have kicked on and we’d have won by an innings here and it would be 3-0!
The point is after thr 1st test I heard people saying so much for Bazzball not being able to win in India, and I thought yeah you won a Test but one performance doesn’t prove you can win a series in India!
England were a terrible side in 2021 and still dominated the first test in India. If this series ends with England just winning 1 test like 2021 can that really be called a success?

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant
The point is after thr 1st test I heard people saying so much for Bazzball not being able to win in India, and I thought yeah you won a Test but one performance doesn’t prove you can win a series in India!
England were a terrible side in 2021 and still dominated the first test in India. If this series ends with England just winning 1 test like 2021 can that really be called a success?
Also they drew the home ashes in 2019 and then drew the home ashes in 2023

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
.. Fast heading (in terms of runs) to be England's 2nd worst test loss...

In 1976 they lost to the West Indies by 425 runs and they are still a mile off from getting to that one.

Good news though.... that 562 run drubbing that Australia inflicted upon them many decades ago is safe now.... though it helps when the declaration target is lower than the actual runs needed/lost.

Kirkut

International Regular
But for a once in a lifetime type knock from Pope this would be 3-0! So much for Bazball revolutionising cricket!
The difference here is Bumrah, we are lucky to have a genius like him.

Yep, Jaiswal was gun in 2nd test and this one, the spinners have joined the party now too, but it was Bumrah who turned the tide in our favour from 2nd test onwards.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been tossing up whether to re-subscribe to Kayo. This might have sealed the deal. $25 to watch the last 3 wickets.