• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Analysts: Hartley’s failure proves there are levels to finger spin, can’t just rock up dart the ball in and hope to replicate what the Indian spinners do

Root: Hold my beer

Reactions: FBU

ataraxia

International Coach
I swear even if England didn't decide to waste their all their reviews already they'd be gone by now anyway. Something to bear in mind for the next 9 innings, though I suspect Bazball is too steadfast in that specific manner for Stokes to adjust.

Groundking

International Debutant
I know it was probably somewhat expected, but this has been really abysmal from us so far, probably looking at an innings loss at this rate, Jadu to ton up.

Pretty embarrassing form and England POV that Root has been our best bowler.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
I know it was probably somewhat expected, but this has been really abysmal from us so far, probably looking at an innings loss at this rate, Jadu to ton up.

Pretty embarrassing form and England POV that Root has been our best bowler.
It's unlikely all three of Jadeja, Ashwin and Axar will fail with the bat. All are very competent.

Root looks the second best spinner here; could end up being like Hick in 92-93.

Molehill

International Captain
Wonder how many of India's runs have come from long hops or low full tosses. Truly awful stuff.
Yep, Leach may not have been overly threatening, but at least he's kept it tight. That's comparing an experienced Test spinner to two youngsters and a batsman who bowls.

Mind you, a couple of those dreadful deliveries have picked up wickets so....

Molehill

International Captain
Unfair of India to keep hold of their reviews until needed.
To be fair, we've not had one that would've been overturned have we?

But a shame that an umpire finally puts his finger up for one that he smashed the middle out of. A dirty umpires call decision like Duckett's would've been more handy.

Molehill

International Captain
Not so great decision that, hit the cover off it. Root continues to look the most dangerous though which is concerning
Although it should mean that he can play as 3rd spinner for next Test and we can play 2 seamers.

Also, having a right handed off spinner bowling to the lefty, it's no surprise he's causing more trouble. A shame Bashir couldn't have played...