• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli vs Jacques Kallis

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Can anyone explain how Kallis is leagues ahead of Kohli here?
He isn't. This is more mindless CW groupthink.

It is close because for all his statistical inadequacies at present, Kohli actually knows how to take a game by the scruff of a neck and apply pressure on opposition. Kallis applies pressure only on his own teammates with his batting. But Kohli needs to improve his record a bit.

PlayerComparisons

International Debutant

It is close because for all his statistical inadequacies at present, Kohli actually knows how to take a game by the scruff of a neck and apply pressure on opposition. Kallis applies pressure only on his own teammates with his batting. But Kohli needs to improve his record a bit.
Yup Kohli is a better match winner.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf his stance on Virat Vs Kallis is very similar to mine though I don't degrade Kallis the way he does. And I just bumped a 2005 post of mine to prove its something i have always thought 😜
You thought Kohli was better in 05? Lightyears ahead.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
It truly is horrible for batsmen when their teammate keeps scoring century after century at the other end. Nothing piles on the pressure quite like having one of the most prolific run scorers in history on your own side.
Subs acts like Tests should be played like T20s....

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
It truly is horrible for batsmen when their teammate keeps scoring century after century at the other end. Nothing piles on the pressure quite like having one of the most prolific run scorers in history on your own side.
We should add 5 runs onto all the batting avg of batsmen who had to deal with the intolerable problem of having Kallis in there team...

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

45 Test Hundreds he scored what are you on about ? Kallis was a batting machine. No wicket more valued by the opposition when facing SA. Amla and De Villiers have openly talked about how they improved as cricketers learning from Kallis

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
45 Test Hundreds he scored what are you on about ? Kallis was a batting machine. No wicket more valued by the opposition when facing SA. Amla and De Villiers have openly talked about how they improved as cricketers learning from Kallis
Tis always amusing when he uses mindless to describe other people’s opinions.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bazball has broken some people's brains. The idea that a defending solidly puts pressure on a team is for the weak minded.

subshakerz

International Coach
He was a machine, agreed.

We have a fundamental difference. I believe playing style is an important part of judging cricketers on top of of pure record, I believe it affects a game tremendously.

Kallis' playing style is a liability relative to the ATGs.

Last edited: