• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #39- Australia vs Afghanistan - November 7th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't see any of it. Was Cummins knocking back runs so Maxwell could get the double?
Cummins did exactly what he needed to. Also was hard for him to score at a decent rate when the bloke at other the end can't run.

His knock was worth a lot more than 12*

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
For the blokes saying "tHeY sHoUlD hAvE bOwLeD fUlL aNd wIdE", did you see him reverse lapping the seamers?

It would have fed it and he would probably have got there even quicker
Yeah, because reverse lapping is a higher percentage play than slapping it over wide mid on...and he did it twice, that I counted...with third man up.

Cmon TJB you're better than that.

TheJediBrah

Yeah, because reverse lapping is a higher percentage play than slapping it over wide mid on...and he did it twice, that I counted...with third man up.

Cmon TJB you're better than that.
What? If they bowl full and wide reverse lapping is nearly risk free. He would have hit 6 after 6 with a few misses at worst. Be unlucky to get caught on the fence with those boundaries

Burgey

Not like there was a lot of lift in the pitch either. Balls pitched halfway weren't even rising waist high.
Well yeah, it's being played in India. That's probably a reason why so many ODI double tons have been scored there. Maxwell loves the low bounce. Should have been Indian.

ataraxia

International Coach
I heard on the radio this morning, in its entirety, something along the lines of "and Maxwell got them over the line seven down" and was mightily disappointed to hear that Afghanistan just failed to beat Australia. Then I remembered that that result was pretty vital for NZ.

... and only now do I see the scorecard. Shades of Ganguly + Anderson.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Cummins did exactly what he needed to. Also was hard for him to score at a decent rate when the bloke at other the end can't run.

His knock was worth a lot more than 12*
If you thought I was I certainly wasn't knocking him for it. When I saw the scorecard after wtf Maxwell I thought amazing support by Cummins......he goes out good chance you loose.

Wasn't aware Maxwell was that impeded and was just surprised Cummins didn't knock off some of the runs. All makes sense now......incredible from both of them.

TheJediBrah

If you thought I was I certainly wasn't knocking him for it. When I saw the scorecard after wtf Maxwell I thought amazing support by Cummins......he goes out good chance you loose.

Wasn't aware Maxwell was that impeded and was just surprised Cummins didn't knock off some of the runs. All makes sense now......incredible from both of them.
Nah I didn't think you were, just adding some context

Daemon

What? If they bowl full and wide reverse lapping is nearly risk free. He would have hit 6 after 6 with a few misses at worst. Be unlucky to get caught on the fence with those boundaries
Yeah Rashid and Nabi should have been banging them in half way down. He would have chased it in 35 overs.

You can sit and ponder what should have been done after every crazy knock, but when guys who are capable of playing them get going it doesn't matter what your plan is because the bowling all comes the same to them.
Nah really, you need to watch the full game. Nabi wasn’t bowling when he was cramping so I don’t blame him. It was mainly Naveen and Azmat who were downright terrible at the end.

It was incredibly poor bowling once he stopped moving. Ball after ball right up in his swinging arc. Barely ever took the pace off. Maxwell only hit 1 delivery off them to the offside iirc, which was a reverse sweep that he just about got some bat on.

From the 2nd drop catch till Maxwell was at about 140-150 the bowling wasn’t bad, but once he stopped moving they just **** themselves collectively.