• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crap Innings Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thread should have been opened when Kohli scored the most selfish hundred eve
Nah ****. Tanvir Sangha did that in the Green Shieod against Parra. ****ing awful

Marsh today deadset made a contest of a match which should have been done after nine overs. If there’s a worse knock played at this tourney I hope I don’t see it

Qlder

International 12th Man
Does Marsh going from good opener to bat this crap innings at 3 explain why Green has been so crap. They don't seem to know how aggressive to bat when placed out of position (I don't even know what position Geeen should bat he's been so chopped and changed)

This includes Smith now being moved out of his favourite #3 spot to accommodate Marsh at #3

loterry1994

International Debutant
Does Marsh going from good opener to bat this crap innings at 3 explain why Green has been so crap. They don't seem to know how aggressive to bat when placed out of position (I don't even know what position Geeen should bat he's been so chopped and changed)

This includes Smith now being moved out of his favourite #3 spot to accommodate Marsh at #3
not sure but our middle order hasn’t looked good most this tournament. There’s been a few games our openers have got a crazy start then our middle order couldn’t kick on and finish it think it was the Sri Lanka game and todays game. Our lower order/tail saved the death overs for us today.

I like Marsh at 3 still going forward his issue can sometimes be his a shaky starter but when he opens he usually has the powerplay to work with. Our main issue as we’ve seen is that if our openers don’t kick on and our middle order comes in early we’ve struggled so ideally you’d want them in form before the semis

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I'm going to sound like a broken record but this is pretty much every batsman in the Aus squad except Maxwell, and maybe Inglis. They would be 10x better as 50-over openers than in the middle order.

Warner, Head, Marsh, Smith, Labuschagne, Green and probably even Stoinis. Khawaja obviously as well if he was selected. I'm convinced that any one of these guys (or the first 5 at least) would have killed it opening in this tournament. Probably made 1 or 2 hundreds at least and be averaging ~50. Likewise they all would have struggled in the middle-order.

Tbh if anything Warner is the one I see as potentially being the most adaptable and doing an ok job coming on and trying to capitalise on a good start, but I'm not convinced he would be able to do it that well in India.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't the worst, wasn't a batsman...but Ngidi's 7 off 24 against Netherlands felt pretty feeble