• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #20- England vs S Africa - October 21st - Wankhede (D/N)

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Markram wicket is going to be the game here… he scores and SA will put something big on. If he goes cheap can see us still being bowled out for under 300.

Owzat

U19 Captain
A parasite that infected Jos Buttler brain is the only excuse he can have for choosing to field yet again on a flat deck.

A better side than Afghanistan made 300+ at Delhi. To think you can chase 300+ out of choice is moronic let alone in a world cup.

I'm supporting New Zealand now as we're out.
I think the excuse will be that thus far all sides who opted to bat first on winning the toss lost, even though I believe it is 50-50 on winning batting first vs batting second...

problem with batting first with a weak 7-11 is you really need not to lose early wickets and bat well, not be 5 down until last 10-15 overs, problem with chasing is similar, except you can't afford to bowl badly and give away 100+ runs for 0-1 wickets as England have done now THREE TIMES whether batting or bowling first (vs NZL, vs AFG, vs SAF)

the one time they set a target, batted reasonably well, and bowled well enough they....... won!

as for captain butthead, brings on Rashid as sixth to bowl and he takes a wicket in his second over, Buttler should dress with red nose, white face, bowler hat with flower in it, and over the top check blazer, trousers and a pair of shoes Krusty would be proud of

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
I have a horrible feeling the County Championship is gonna suffer for our performances in this tournament.
It's annoying that making each format a simultaneous priority seems impossible for the ECB. New Zealand have far less resources yet it's no such problem for them.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
People are overreacting to the decision to bowl. In the ipl this year defending at wankhede was near impossible. Dew plays a massive part. That may not happen, and SA on recent form have been worse chasing, but ide prefer to chase whatever is set here with the historical conditions and heat out their.