• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Anderson

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
peak cloud merchant who was lucky that England played him long enough for him to become average enough to eke out a protected and inflated career. only got to where he is because they play a **** load of tests and they protect him in matches and because he only plays one format for so long

he is England’s Ishant nothing more

summoning @Shri because every Anderson thread deserves him
And taken more wickets then any other seam bowler

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
@CartyDurham

Don Bradman 58th best batsman of all time. It's a fact because he's 58th on the list. It's only a matter of time till he slips out of the top 100.
These facts cannot be disputed.
I was sitting in a car park , bored , waiting for the Mrs to spend money and I thought what should I do ?

oh yes mention Anderson taking more wickets then any other seamer

that usually stirs the pot, it’s true though

Socerer 01

International Captain
if only India played as many tests as England and gave Ishant such protection and backing with clouds this wouldn’t be a debate

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Last Test, England need to win to tie the series. Wood, Woakes and Broad are no-brainers, if Robinson is fit he should return. Could this have been Anderson's final test?

danzydab

U19 12th Man
Last Test, England need to win to tie the series. Wood, Woakes and Broad are no-brainers, if Robinson is fit he should return. Could this have been Anderson's final test?
he will probably play in the india tour cuz his reverse swng is useful. may retire next summer after reaching 700 wickets.

halba

International 12th Man
career is over at home atleast- especially with the likes of Tongue, Robinson in reserve.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Surely you stick with anderson until HE calls it a day. he doesn't appear to have slowed down and he is not injured. He's just having a lull and all that lack of luck will right itself soon enough. plus it's important for him to reset the expectation of when a bowler should retire. Same thing goes for Broad. Pick wood whenever he's fit and Woakes in England and then fit in anyone else whenever those conditions arent met.

Spark

Global Moderator
@CartyDurham

Don Bradman 58th best batsman of all time. It's a fact because he's 58th on the list. It's only a matter of time till he slips out of the top 100.
These facts cannot be disputed.
I don't know why England keep persisting with this Harry Brook character. James Anderson has more Test runs than he does and he bats #11, so this Brook fellow must be properly terrible.

loterry1994

International Debutant
They won’t drop Anderson next test but tongue should be in there instead. Anderson hasn’t worried Australia at all and I don’t see it changing the curators will put out another flatter pitch I think. Least Tongues extra pace will worry a bit. Broad, Mo and Anderson didn’t worry Australia at all the last test