• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
22 overs in a session? How can they combat this? It's ridiculous.
It hasn't helped that India have spent a lot of time getting their fingers checked because of hits to the body. Not a lot you can do about that as a fielding side.

Both sides really haven't used spin enough, though.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah true. I get why Cummins is captain but there's at least 3 sharper tactical minds in the team. He needs a good coach to get the best out of him. Langer would've been a better fit but his cards were marked after the 2020/21 series. Wish Gillespie or Ponting were keen.
I've been of the mind Ponting might be a good fit, but his poor record coaching in the IPL gives pause for thought. We seem to be allergic to foreign coaches, but Gary Kirsten's someone who's been on my mind, an is probably a bit cheaper.

Who are the three sharper tactical minds?

thierry henry

International Coach
Yes and on top of those other things there’s also the fielding side being obscenely slow for no reason, which is a non-issue

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I've been of the mind Ponting might be a good fit, but his poor record coaching in the IPL gives pause for thought. We seem to be allergic to foreign coaches, but Gary Kirsten's someone who's been on my mind, an is probably a bit cheaper.

Who are the three sharper tactical minds?
Ponting wasn’t exactly the best captain either…

Would make for a brilliant batting coach though

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
Can you really blame the attack for being one dimensional when the worst bowler by far has been the left arm express Starc? Those no balls would still have been no balls if Cummins was a left arm Sydney Barnes. They've just made errors.
Boland has bowled really well and Cummins in few patches. Lyon should have bowled more. Green is bit inconsistent. And leave starc

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ponting wasn’t exactly the best captain either…

Would make for a brilliant batting coach though
I'm a bit young to have picked up on Ponting's captaincy, but I've never heard anyone say he was better than okay at best. That said I think what most people consider good captains are actually quite rare.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love it when over rates are brought up, the standard response is "lol no one cares, shut up" and yet people do evidently care about how annoying slow over rates are.