• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2022/23

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Just caught the end of this game after a nice day out at Zealandia.

Was a nice little tribute they did to Spark Sport in the end, and some cool moments over the last 3 years in the credits. Ross Taylor's match-winning test wicket, Boult's six to win a Super Smash game off the final ball, Delport getitng hit for five sixes by Young and getting caught on the boundary on the sixth, all the legendary test match finishes this year of course ...

As much as I've not enjoyed some of their commentary, they've greatly increased the coverage of domestic cricket which has been great (I never thought we'd see every women's Super Smash game televised) and done a decent job covering some of the best moments we've seen - this year in particular.

It'll be great ot have it back on free to air, I hope they cover as much cricket as Spark did.

G. S. Kohli

Seifert deserved POTM but not MOTM

It should given to Chapman
If he not hit 6 on 1st ball of 20th over, nz may loose series

What a thriller! Lanka missed run out on 4th ball

Cong NZ supporter

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Uneasy feeling about Seifert scoring runs, and scoring them in such an unconvincing manner. Oh well its only T20I.

I've always been a Chapman fan but I don't think he should be selected in either the ODI or T20Is going forward. A lot of opportunities for not a lot of output.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Im not a fan of making batsmen do unfamiliar jobs but Chapman strikes me as someone who needs to be in early to set up an innings, so could be an opener or stop gap 3 in Kane's absence...but there's better bats for both jobs.

Flem274*

123/5
I think Chapman has slightly screwed himself in the perception stakes by playing for Hong Kong and being a bit **** there.

He only has 5 ODI innings (including a ton) and 22 innings in T20 for New Zealand, and his record for us in T20 is better than his HK one and he bats pretty low down most of the time so gets less opportunities than you'd expect.

I'm willing to give more time, especially when we give endless opportunities to other similarly unconvincing white ball players like Nicholls, Seifert and Latham (T20).

thundaboult

International Debutant
I think Chapman has slightly screwed himself in the perception stakes by playing for Hong Kong and being a bit **** there.

He only has 5 ODI innings (including a ton) and 22 innings in T20 for New Zealand, and his record for us in T20 is better than his HK one and he bats pretty low down most of the time so gets less opportunities than you'd expect.

I'm willing to give more time, especially when we give endless opportunities to other similarly unconvincing white ball players like Nicholls, Seifert and Latham (T20).
fair

The Hutt Rec

Took the parents there yesterday too and it did not disappoint. I was a total conservation cynic before coming to Wellington, it's incredible the progress that's been made here.
Haha I took my parents as well. It was my first time being there ... amazing wildlife, if only the whole of NZ could be the same. I don't know if that predator free by 2050 thing is in any way possible, but it's a great dream. Amazing you can get right up next to wild tuataras and the Takahe of which there's only 440 left :o

jcas0167

International Debutant
seifert bats kinda like a less talented right handed Warner
John Bracewell on radio compared him to Warner in terms of build which he thought was ideal for a batsman. Hope Braces continues whoever picks up the radio comms next summer. James Marshall & Chris Harris were good also.

Just caught the end of this game after a nice day out at Zealandia.

Was a nice little tribute they did to Spark Sport in the end, and some cool moments over the last 3 years in the credits. Ross Taylor's match-winning test wicket, Boult's six to win a Super Smash game off the final ball, Delport getitng hit for five sixes by Young and getting caught on the boundary on the sixth, all the legendary test match finishes this year of course ...

As much as I've not enjoyed some of their commentary, they've greatly increased the coverage of domestic cricket which has been great (I never thought we'd see every women's Super Smash game televised) and done a decent job covering some of the best moments we've seen - this year in particular.

It'll be great ot have it back on free to air, I hope they cover as much cricket as Spark did.
Zealandia is great. I think Spark were amazing in terms of making full match replays of domestic and international games available on demand. For tests they broke it up into session. Vastly superior to what has ever been offered before. Unfortunately, just not sustainable and too niche to bring cricket to a wider audience.

Last edited:

Binkley

U19 Captain
It will be really interesting to see what commentary team TVNZ pulls together. I hope it includes Katey Martin, Craig Cumming and Grant Elliott for starters. Stephen Fleming would also be great, but I guess his other commitments would limit his availability. Frankie MacKay is not bad, and I would love it if they could get Shane Bond in more often.

I also quite like Mark Richardson, despite his grumpy old man moments and reactionary politics. And thinking of reactionary politics, does anyone else remember Peter Williams from his TVNZ cricket commentary days? Boy did the brain worms do a number on him. If there is an old timer TVNZ bring back, it would be awesome if they could get Jerry Coney instead.

The Hutt Rec

It will be really interesting to see what commentary team TVNZ pulls together. I hope it includes Katey Martin, Craig Cumming and Grant Elliott for starters. Stephen Fleming would also be great, but I guess his other commitments would limit his availability. Frankie MacKay is not bad, and I would love it if they could get Shane Bond in more often.

I also quite like Mark Richardson, despite his grumpy old man moments and reactionary politics. And thinking of reactionary politics, does anyone else remember Peter Williams from his TVNZ cricket commentary days? Boy did the brain worms do a number on him. If there is an old timer TVNZ bring back, it would be awesome if they could get Jerry Coney instead.
Imagine if they announced Peter Williams was going to host the TVNZ coverage. :laugh:

jcas0167

International Debutant
Peter Williams commentated a NZ A v India A game a few years ago and I was surprised how good he was. I guess TVNZ might try to bring back Ian Smith now he's a free agent. Adam Parore was quite good when he did it for a season or two in the mid 00's. Peter McGlashan is also good.

The Hutt Rec

Peter Williams commentated a NZ A v India A game a few years ago and I was surprised how good he was. I guess TVNZ might try to bring back Ian Smith now he's a free agent. Adam Parore was quite good when he did it for a season or two in the mid 00's. Peter McGlashan is also good.
I did see a few weeks back it was announced Ian Smith has signed with SENZ for three more years, and it mentioned that included him doing more cricket commentary for them. Whether that’s on their Australian match radio coverage while he’s over doing stuff for Fox, or they’re getting the NZ rights, who knows.