• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
KLPD must be selected for the WC but, since in ODIs both currently and generally, he has done quite well at the number 5 spot.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
KLPD must be selected for the WC but, since in ODIs both currently and generally, he has done quite well at the number 5 spot.
Rahul struggles a bit when he opens the batting in One Dayers ..I have a feeling he does not like to be proactive but rather reactive, and at no.5 in 50 over cricket you are simply reacting to what the game requires ...Probably overthinks what he has to do when he has 50 overs to bat hence the big difference in strike rate when he opens compared to when he bats at 5

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KLPD is fine as our ODI Keeper bat batting at 5. I am worried he is also playing himself to the #5 keeper/bat slot in the WTC finals team. AS a direct replacement for Pant. :(
When the alternative is Bharat, I wouldn't mind at this point.

Was not convinced by bharat one bit either with the bat or gloves. One of the drops off the seamers was very concerning, if he's doing that in India it's not exactly going to get easier in England where the ball often moves late in the air.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Was not convinced by bharat one bit either with the bat or gloves. One of the drops off the seamers was very concerning, if he's doing that in India it's not exactly going to get easier in England where the ball often moves late in the air.
Yeah, its sad how right you are but I am still worried. Mainly coz I dont think KLPD will bat well anyways. :(

Niall

International Coach
[/QUOTE]

I think they will persist with Bharat for a while so if Rahul comes back then it will be for Iyer. I don't see them dropping him either yet tbf.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they will persist with Bharat for a while so if Rahul comes back then it will be for Iyer. I don't see them dropping him either yet tbf.
They might take a punt on Rahul for the wtc final because of his good series in England last year

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I dont mind a punt for a one off test. The worry is they may think it can be permanent. Or worse, KLPD thinks he can do it full time.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Iyer's injury is that bad. There are talks that he might even return for Ipl that starts in couple of weeks. Wtc final is 3 months away and he should be easily fine by then.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
lol how embarrassing for Rahul to have to be accommodated as a keeper/bat (only because of the Pant & Bharat situation) in a format where he was being groomed to be long-term captain and opener. Hope they don't make him VC again :censored: