• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

centurymaker

International Captain
Most important thing is Australia has lost 4 consecutive series to India. And looking at the last 50 years, it is a huge achievement and most satisfying.

D3B085C9-BA8F-4B06-95BC-D1B24C4EE4B3.jpeg

Sunil1z

International Debutant
When nationalism is turned up to 11.

Probably explains the championing of pitch doctoring.
It is pretty rich of Australian complain about pitch doctoring when your country in 21st century has consistently produced pitches that has made one type of bowling completely irrelevant

The fact that even Warne averaged 30 in Australia this century shows to what extent Australia goes to nullifies spin bowling .

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It is pretty rich of Australian complain about pitch doctoring when your country in 21st century has consistently produced pitches that has made one type of bowling completely irrelevant

The fact that even Warne averaged 35 in Australia this century shows to what extent Australia goes to nullifies spin bowling .
To me "doctoring" pretty much implies preparing pitch conditions to favour the home team

What was going on in Australia in that early/mid 00s era was a bit different. Yes, the pitches were deliberately being prepared a certain way, seriously flat, but that was more for the purpose of making the game last the full five days to make more money out of it as opposed to an attempt to provide any benefit to Australia

Not completely unrelated, but not exactly the same

Sunil1z

International Debutant
To me "doctoring" pretty much implies preparing pitch conditions to favour the home team

What was going on in Australia in that early/mid 00s era was a bit different. Yes, the pitches were deliberately being prepared a certain way, seriously flat, but that was more for the purpose of making the game last the full five days to make more money out of it as opposed to an attempt to provide any benefit to Australia

Not completely unrelated, but not exactly the same
Sorry any pitch that makes one type of bowling whether it is a fast bowling or spin bowling completely irrelevant is doctored pitch .

I know CA did it for commercial reasons but that doesn’t excuse pitches where even Warne averaged 30 this century.

Do you know Lyon who I believe is a very good spinner is yet to touch 800 ratings points? Because he simply can’t improve his bowling average in Australia beyond a point

At SCG he averages 41 and this is supposed to be spin friendly Australian pitch.
Australian pitches have been complete graveyard for spinners this century. So no matter what explanation you try to give , these are doctored wickets .

Last edited:

Xix2565

International Debutant
So basically every nation since Test cricket began? Come on, that's basically a useless definition which proves the point of "doctoring" complaints being basically a bunch of whining.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry any pitch that makes one type of bowling whether it is a fast bowling or spin bowling completely irrelevant is doctored pitch .

I know CA did it for commercial reasons but that doesn’t excuse pitches where even Warne averaged 35 this century.

Do you know Lyon who I believe is a very good spinner is yet to touch 800 ratings points? Because he simply can’t improve his bowling average in Australia beyond a point

At SCG he averages 41 and this is supposed to be spin friendly Australian pitch.
Australian pitches have been complete graveyard for spinners this century. So no matter what explanation you try to give , these are doctored wickets .
The SCG being a turning pitch is a myth and has been for about 20 years

As for ICC rankings, wouldn't have a clue as I don't follow that stuff at all

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am sorry, who am I attacking?
You are the one who said it will be the last you will say on the subject.

And yes Guha is a grade A weasel who just wanted to criticize stuff and ran away when he actually had the chance to change things around it. And almost every instance he quoted there while he left "for personal reasons" were not true.

Spark

Global Moderator
Poor @silentstriker, all he wanted was for people to actually point out what was wrong with a book he really liked and for that heinous crime a whole bunch of you are basically calling him "brown coolie Anglophile commie scum". So, you know, a race traitor.