• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Some good fight with the bat from Latham, Conway, KW & Blundell but England once again just too strong & based on their positivity with the bat, showing they don't need 5 days to force a result even on a good batting pitch like this one.

Surprised it they don't win by 5 wickets in no more than 2 sessions tomorrow.

Surely Crawley has to be dropped for The Ashes now. Pope to open, everyone else moves up a slot & Bairstow moves back into the middle order with Brook.
Yeah this was more reminiscent of how the tests in England last year went. England's bowling efforts when being made to toil by NZ and other sides are underrated, they've generally found a way to keep things down to manageable targets, and Leach has stepped up whenever needed.

Though of course NZ have also tended to be very generous in giving wickets away, a movie we're seeing far too many times. And the less said about the lower order the better - Macewell is matching CdG in terms of stupid dismissals but without his batting contributions.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah this was more reminiscent of how the tests in England last year went. England's bowling efforts when being made to toil by NZ and other sides are underrated, they've generally found a way to keep things down to manageable targets, and Leach has stepped up whenever needed.
Bang on the money this. I see a few Aussies in having a crack at their bowlers earlier, but that's been another hallmark of this Stokes/McCullum lead side, they keep their belief & they just find a way. Did the same in Pakistan a couple of times when it was looking tough.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Poll time, will Kane make it to 30 test tons before he wraps up his career? You'd probably bet on him being good for 1 more in the SL series and will have another good chance in the winter tour of Bangladesh, but next summer will be tough with SA and Aus touring. Then there's a winter tour of SL and India, before what you'd suspect will be his final farewell for the England test series at home in 2025 (yes, another one).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Poll time, will Kane make it to 30 test tons before he wraps up his career? You'd probably bet on him being good for 1 more in the SL series and will have another good chance in the winter tour of Bangladesh, but next summer will be tough with SA and Aus touring. Then there's a winter tour of SL and India, before what you'd suspect will be his final farewell for the England test series at home in 2025 (yes, another one).
He's gonna score 4 in his next 4 innings and Sri Lanka will be forced to rename one of their stadiums Big Daddy Oval

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
So that's 14 tests, assuming they're all two match series? At his current rate of runs per test he'd need another 26 or so to reach 10,000 runs ... would love to see him get there, but it might be a bit too far. I do think he could keep going for a little while yet, though. Still only 32.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This time last year I’d have considered this done and dusted, in anticipation of us limping to 130 or so.

Won’t be a cakewalk tomorrow (well, tonight from my POV) but I’d back us to get there. It’d be nice if they could hit the runs super quick so I can watch it happening but I suppose that’s an unreasonable request.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nothing was ever grounded behind the line before the bails were taken off, even though 90% of his body and the whole bat was over the line in the air at the time.
Crucial wicket has fallen this way while match is on the line twice this week at a very similar stage. Harmanpreet Kaur just when India mounted a comeback against Australia and were looking like winning, and today Bracewell in the same situation.

Molehill

International Captain

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Crucial wicket has fallen this way while match is on the line twice this week at a very similar stage. Harmanpreet Kaur just when India mounted a comeback against Australia and were looking like winning, and today Bracewell in the same situation.
Nah he would've been out next ball anyway

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True, although Harmanpreet was at least a bit unlucky with the bat getting stuck. No excuses at all in Bracewell's case.