• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Very little batting after Stokes and Foakes.

How I would love to have Mark Richardson instead of Tom Latham. We'd be big favourites from here.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair Joe Root reverse sweeping against spin is nothing new and he is really really good at it. Doing it against pace is obviously a little different.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ break into the tail after the tea break and absurdly this is on. Anything under 300 is VERY chaseable on this deck

Flem274*

123/5
NZ break into the tail after the tea break and absurdly this is on. Anything under 300 is VERY chaseable on this deck
it won't happen because england will be too good under lights but it would be absolutely hilarious if the All Conquering BAZBALL lost to this absolute shower of a bowling attack + Nicholls due to us just batting normally.

And it would show why Bazball should be situational rather than the only plan.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I would laugh so loudly if a McCullum led team has a stupid loss in a test they should have won easily purely because of lack of brains (see Lords 2015 - one of the worst captaincy displays ever by a NZer).

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Why do I feel Baz and Stokes should exempt Joe Root from Bazball strategy and let him play his game or Root should just look to score lots of runs. Hard to watch a legend throw wickets like that when we spend our time and money to watch him bat. One of the reason some of us watch is to be able to watch batters like Joe Root. If I only want to watch slogs and throwing of bat I'd rather buy at ticket to franchise cricket. don't mind Brook, Pope etc slogging away to entertain but it's entertaining for some of us to watch Root bat forever (maybe not against Black Caps though).

nzfan

I think we can chase up to 350. You have to see from the context of the game. This is not a 5th day pitch and highly unlikely it's going to break up. We will bat today no doubt about that and tomorrow. Unless Stokes does some magic we do have this game in the bag I feel. Highly likely Stokes will get out to Bracewell and England has a very long tail.

Flem274*

123/5
I think we can chase up to 350. You have to see from the context of the game. This is not a 5th day pitch and highly unlikely it's going to break up. We will bat today no doubt about that and tomorrow. Unless Stokes does some magic we do have this game in the bag I feel. Highly likely Stokes will get out to Bracewell and England has a very long tail.
**** i love your confidence ahahahah

Flem274*

123/5
like, my head knows England are in danger of leaving runs out there and will not enjoy defending under 300 on effectively day 3 on a road.

but my heart is also very aware of NZs favourite game since July 2021.

nzfan

Root scored about a million runs from the reverse sweep in Sri Lanka long before Bazball was a thing.
When there are 5 balls left for tea? That is lacking smarts and bordering on stupidity. It's a 5 day game as a matter of fact.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
You need to take on @chris.hinton

nzfan

like, my head knows England are in danger of leaving runs out there and will not enjoy defending under 300 on effectively day 3 on a road.

but my heart is also very aware of NZs favourite game since July 2021.
True that but then we are better with the bat than ball. I think with this bowling unit we have already over achieved. England could have had 500 in both innings if they desired 8-) I think India or Aussie would have finished the game off with one go with the bat on this deck against this bowling attack.

nzfan

Have to admit England haven't disappointed with their approach it has been like watching MLB. Majority of the shots were out of baseball manual. Barry Bonds would have approved this if it were major league baseball.