• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*un-official* England Lion vs Sri lanka A in Sri lanka. Jan / Feb 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
396/7*
Tom Haines 118. Bohanon 42,
Smith 22, Patterson white 27 not out.
Embuldeniya 3 wkts &:Manasinghe 2kts
A wkt each silva & Archchigea

Lead of 260 with 3 wkts remaing.

Molehill

International Captain
Strong match for Fisher, 5 wickets and now his maiden FC 50 (I assume this counts as FC).

G. S. Kohli

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saq Mahmood is due back in the ODI version of this tour. I think it was about last year I was arguing with some that he was a tad injury-prone, and they said he wasn't, good times. Yet looking at our seamers bar Archer, you could see him making a late run for ODI's. I also think Gregory should be in the talk for it, but England don't seem to like him.

G. S. Kohli

Nearly 500 runs and 3 down As Madushka 176 not out, Night watchman hits 73, #4 hits 80 & their captain Nipun on 37*
Real Carnage of Lion's bowling unit.

Tomorrow last day i guess. SL A not in a position to declares innings.

Molehill

International Captain
Well the defeat is definitely on now with SL needing 6 wickets in the remaining 45 overs.

Earlier, SL made an amusing collapse from 654-3 to 663-9. There's got to be some kind of record in that too.

G. S. Kohli

2nd un official under way

Sri Lanka A 1st 280/7*
Madushka 22,
Croospulle 128
N. Fernando 22,
n.Dhananjaya 65 (c)

(Sam Cook
40/1
(Matthew Fisher
61/1)
(Josh Tongue
5 wkt haul)
Patterson-white
29/0)

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
I'm starting to wonder if Foakes is the best keeper/batsman even at his County now. Certainly when it comes to Bazball, Jamie Smith seems the more likely candidate. Currently smashing Sri Lanka around with 86 from 56 balls as the Lions fly along at getting on for 7 an over. 234-3 after SL posted 332 all out.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I'm starting to wonder if Foakes is the best keeper/batsman even at his County now. Certainly when it comes to Bazball, Jamie Smith seems the more likely candidate. Currently smashing Sri Lanka around with 86 from 56 balls as the Lions fly along at getting on for 7 an over. 234-3 after SL posted 332 all out.
Yes he is IMO

chris.hinton

International Captain
Great to see Josh Tongue got a 5 wicket haul.

He's also on 29no. Jamie Smith (Surrey) getting a ton, He's one to watch for in the forthcoming Domestic Cricket Season.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Smith probably didn't play as much as he should have last season in the CC. As I recall, Surrey were playing their all rounders from around the number five spot. But there is definitely a long season for him this year assuming Foakes remains in the test side. Tongue has spent a lot of time injured, right? Good to see him back. I don't think S Cook has taken many wickets on this tour. I think Fisher did in the last game. So makes the competition past Potts, say, interesting.

Molehill

International Captain
Good to see Carson get some wickets. Missed most of the last domestic season due to injury/not being selected because he was going out with the coach's daughter!! Decent talent who hopefully will develop into a potential Test Cricketer.

A shame Sri Lanka didn't feel tempted to make an interesting declaration.