• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is closer in terms of cricketer status, Lara & Tendulkar or Warne & Murali?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What, why should anyone care if its harder to master.

We want results damn it
That’s fine. I was just responding to a comment about mastering respective crafts, and imo bowling leg spin as Warne did is the most difficult craft in cricket.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Point is saying legspin is really hard is no reason to give Warne any edge.
Point is what I was responding to.

Point could also be that people who master more difficult skills at elite level are greater than ones who master less difficult ones.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Point is it's a terrible opinion.
There are several different 'points' here.

Red replied to this from you:

in terms of mastery of their individual batting and bowling crafts, respectively.

So while I agree that his point/reply didn't really matter as to who was better, it was totally relevant to your post. He then got attacked for it not actually mattering when if anything you should've been attacked for bringing up the ****house metric in the first place, and then you piled on by saying you disagreed with his opinion on the ****house metric even after everyone had kind of just let the substance of it go already (due to the ****houseness).

Have I said ****house enough yet?

****house.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
There are several different 'points' here.

Red replied to this from you:

in terms of mastery of their individual batting and bowling crafts, respectively.

So while I agree that his point/reply didn't really matter as to who was better, it was totally relevant to your post. He then got attacked for it not actually mattering when if anything you should've been attacked for bringing up the ****house metric in the first place, and then you piled on by saying you disagreed with his opinion on the ****house metric even after everyone had kind of just let the substance of it go already (due to the ****houseness).

Have I said ****house enough yet?

****house.
What a ****house post

just kidding please don’t ban

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well it might have been a good idea to at least offer the charity of understanding my opinion before disparaging it as being hardly one.

Ultimately I don't even agree with the harder bit anyway. Sure, leg spin is harder to pick up than off spin at the school grade level, when they're first learning it, because it's more difficult to control, everyone knows that. But it doesn't remain more difficult at the Test level. Honestly it's a bit asinine in my mind to think that such a thing applies to differentiate the greatest player's of all time, as if our perceived challenges with a bowling style are even considerations at the level of the greatest ever masters.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
tbh I always found leg spin easier to bowl. Maybe that was just me. Though I mean, most of Australia’s greatest spinners were leggies. Maybe the rest of the world just needs to step up.