• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Ghost

U19 12th Man
Want some depressing reading, look at this.

Imagine that line up going out.. I don't know how Smith wouldn't make his side. But it highlights the fact our development has been very low level the past 5 years, despite the BC's slipping backwards in performance.
So doing some crystal ball gazing what does our team look like for the 2027 World Cup?
1. Conway
2. Allen
3. Foxcroft
4. Phillips
5. Latham
6. Mitchell
7. Santner
8. Smith
9. Shipley
10. Jamieson
11. Sears

Plus; Ravindra, Sodhi, Kr Clarke, Fisher

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
So doing some crystal ball gazing what does our team look like for the 2027 World Cup?
1. Conway
2. Allen
3. Foxcroft
4. Phillips
5. Latham
6. Mitchell
7. Santner
8. Smith
9. Shipley
10. Jamieson
11. Sears

Plus; Ravindra, Sodhi, Kr Clarke, Fisher
Ravindra
Allen
Foxcroft
Phillips
Chapman
Clarkson
Fletcher
Shipley
Jamieson
Ashok
Sears

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Sad news re: Bruce Murray.

I think Frank Cameron's passing went unmentioned here, although actually good amount of mainstream media coverage as he was manager during the 80s glory years. Plus blackcaps wearing armband in the recent test.

But .. anyway ... when doing videos of historical nz seamers, I was actually quite impressed with what I saw of Frank Cameron's bowling. A Dion Nash of the 60s. 3rd seamer, vigorous into the wicket type of bowler.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd missed this at the time, but **** me Ken Rutherford wasn't backward in coming forward on his thoughts about Latham's non selection as Test captain. Trusting it was based on objectivity & nothing to do with the fact Latham being another ex-player's son who no doubt played a big part in limiting Hamish's opportunities as a Test opener - Not that the latter was good enough to consistently make it as a Test opener.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd missed this at the time, but **** me Ken Rutherford wasn't backward in coming forward on his thoughts about Latham's non selection as Test captain. Trusting it was based on objectivity & nothing to do with the fact Latham being another ex-player's son who no doubt played a big part in limiting Hamish's opportunities as a Test opener - Not that the latter was good enough to consistently make it as a Test opener.

"Dire" :lol:

Jezroy

State Captain
Just watching the game the other night… wish they’d at least TRY Lockie in the test team. Assuming still no KJ, I like this team… even if Henry the 8th seems highish.

Conway
Latham
Williamson
Young (I think this needs a try rather than Nicholls)
Mitchell
Philips (I think this guy needs a go in the test team)
Blundell
Henry
Sodhi/4th seamer
Southee
Ferg

So 4 x “real” bowlers with back up from DM and GP.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Just watching the game the other night… wish they’d at least TRY Lockie in the test team. Assuming still no KJ, I like this team… even if Henry the 8th seems highish.

Conway
Latham
Williamson
Mitchell
Blundell
Henry
Sodhi/4th seamer
Southee
Ferg

I was thinking about this earlier today, anazes me how much depth alot of the teams nowadays have in terms of pace bowling. NZ could pick a 4 man pace attack of Jamieson, fergo, Boult and Colin just from guys who missed that series due to franchise commitments and injury.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Conway
Latham
Williamson
Mitchell
Blundell
Henry
Sodhi/4th seamer
Southee
Ferg

Unfortunately Ferguson hasn't played a FC match since March 2020, so it is not going to happen. I'm picking that Wagner will play v England then announce his retirement, with Jamieson back for Sri Lanka.

Perhaps Sodhi batting ahead of Henry?
Both average 22 with the bat, but Henry is more attacking so might depend on the match situation. Southee's average has now dropped below 16 (only slightly ahead of Boult's)!

Last edited: