• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players living rent free in people's minds

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he has something set up in computer where it auto-types word ‘overrated’ as soon as Viv is mentioned..
I’m so sorry I don’t rate him as highly as others here… even though I’ve acknowledged multiple times he’s clearly an ATG, I don’t bring him up in unrelated discussions nor do I bash him unnecessarily or attack people for putting him in an ATG XI or for where they rank him.

I should never have posted so honestly in a thread that specifically asked me who I thought was overrated….

Chrish

International Debutant
I’m so sorry I don’t rate him as highly as others here… even though I’ve acknowledged multiple times he’s clearly an ATG, I don’t bring him up in unrelated discussions nor do I bash him unnecessarily or attack people for putting him in an ATG XI or for where they rank him.

I should never have posted so honestly in a thread that specifically asked me who I thought was overrated….
It was said in jest my dude.. All good!

ashley bach

International Captain

Too damn right my man, too damn right. Why waste you energies on Sir Vivian when you can direct them at @trundler

Chrish

International Debutant
Geez you guys need to lighten up a bit. It was actually a joke by other poster in response to P EWS not rating Viv in previous thread from years ago..

Victor Ian

International Coach
Kallis and his less than one wicket per match versus Ponting and his 1 wicket per match in the field as well as heaps of saved runs and pressure. Kallis' bowling is useful but does it outweigh Ponting's field presence?

Answer (yeah - it might do, but only very marginally. It's not a dunk)

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis and his less than one wicket per match versus Ponting and his 1 wicket per match in the field as well as heaps of saved runs and pressure. Kallis' bowling is useful but does it outweigh Ponting's field presence?

Answer (yeah - it might do, but only very marginally. It's not a dunk)
Closer to 2 wickets per test, and don’t forget Kallis’ field presence too.