• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Chubb

International Regular
I don't like what he did but he's a big pick up for Zim. Despite his technical flaws he'll likely average 35 ish in tests and ODIs, at least.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't like what he did but he's a big pick up for Zim. Despite his technical flaws he'll likely average 35 ish in tests and ODIs, at least.
I mean he did better than that in Tests when he played for England, and his List A record is ****ing awesome. I think he's a better player now, and he might enjoy being a big fish in a small pond.

Combine that with the fact that Zim play weaker opposition than England on average and the fact that big team analysts go on holiday when they have to play Zimbabwe and I reckon we could be looking at much better than what you just said. Exciting times.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was checking a scorecard and saw Simon Harmer on it, so I decided to see how he was progressing towards 1k FC wickets. He took 14 wickets in his last match a couple of weeks ago. Feels like this happens all the time now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hair did nothing wrong tbh.

Murali wasn't a chucker, but as per the rules at the time the only real way to make these marginal decisions was for the umpires to have a look and do that.

The still far from perfect but fairer and more scientific approach we have now was basically down to Hair doing that. How many Hafeezes and Lawsons do you reckon we would've got if everyone was too scared to do anything about it? I reckon Aaron Bird would've done well enough in Tests to get mentioned in the ATG thread tbh.

Emerson obviously just a **** though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you think Aus cricket in the mid-90s, having just toppled the Windies to become the number one side in the world, was going to be so worried about playing SL of all sides at home that they hatched a plan to no ball a rookie offie out of the game, then I want some of what you're smoking.

Honestly, SL touring here at that time was something to be endured by fans (still is) and relished by players for stats padding, not something to be feared. JFC man.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hair did nothing wrong tbh.

Murali wasn't a chucker, but as per the rules at the time the only real way to make these marginal decisions was for the umpires to have a look and do that.

The still far from perfect but fairer and more scientific approach we have now was basically down to Hair doing that. How many Hafeezes and Lawsons do you reckon we would've got if everyone was too scared to do anything about it? I reckon Aaron Bird would've done well enough in Tests to get mentioned in the ATG thread tbh.

Emerson obviously just a **** though.
I used to think that way but the book makes it clear even he was simply calling at random and was influenced by the then ACB. It was very clearly a planned thing. Hair is as much of a **** as Emerson IMO.

And yes, it is unfortunate that we had other bowlers who actually chucked coming along after Murali, but that is not his fault. And I think it was more the Sri Lanka board and ICC's work that enabled them to be called.

Its like saying someone breaking a law through a loophole should be credited for the law later being strengthened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If you think Aus cricket in the mid-90s, having just toppled the Windies to become the number one side in the world, was going to be so worried about playing SL of all sides at home that they hatched a plan to no ball a rookie offie out of the game, then I want some of what you're smoking.

Honestly, SL touring here at that time was something to be endured by fans (still is) and relished by players for stats padding, not something to be feared. JFC man.
I mean, it would actually make sense if you first read the article but lack of knowledge has never stopped you from passing plainly wrong comments before....