• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't think even England have had a set of penalties that collectively bad.

Plenty of choice like
Ha, quite.

I mean we've shit the bed more than once, but they were insipid.

Surely if in doubt just stick your laces through it. Keeper moves like 9/10 anyway.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not hitting the corner. No power. Not going down the middle. Not hitting them low or high. Didn’t like the 3 step run up for at least one either.

Quite a collection.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, quite.

I mean we've shit the bed more than once, but they were insipid.

Surely if in doubt just stick your laces through it. Keeper moves like 9/10 anyway.
Yeah our penalty failures are usually one or two individuals falling foul (three last summer) rather than a collective horror

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah our penalty failures are usually one or two individuals falling foul (three last summer) rather than a collective horror
Been trying to decide which was our worst effort and I think Portugal in the 2006 WC probably takes the candle.

From memory only Hargreaves scored?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been trying to decide which was our worst effort and I think Portugal in the 2006 WC probably takes the candle.

Yeah hard to argue with. I actually forgot that one (blocked it out). A shocker

Howe_zat

Audio File

Kinda hard to compare with the pseudo-doco angles here but tbf it doesn't look great.

My favourite moment is at 0:42 when Paul Robinson dives the wrong way and enjoys a massive celebration when he realises Viana has hit the post.

ripper868

International Coach
Pretty certain it's all checked in the background, then VAR contact ref to let them know if it needs a 2nd look.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He’ll play a back five with two holding midfielders and stifle the game for as long as possible.
If ever an opponent justified playing Trippier ahead of Walker on the right side of a back five, this is it. But I don't know whether he will actually. All three of yesterday's midfield look undropable, albeit for differing reasons.