• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand domestic season 2022/23

DavidUK

Cricket Spectator
Good post. Interested in the observations on Duffy - 'excellent one moment and terrible the next'. His whole career is very up-and-down - FC average in the low 30s, but in 10 seasons he has not had a single season where he's averaged in the 30s; always been very good in the 20s or terrible 40+. Was he just good with the new ball and poor with the old, or something else?
Duffy was excellent in the very first match v Auckland and has been pretty average since, but in the 4th match against ND he was just terrible, so not really a large variance within games, rather a large variance between games.

Chubb

International Regular
Vaas did it in a test match (v Zim) and an ODI (v Ban) IIRC.
Had time for a quick google search, Vaas did do it in the 2003 World Cup v Bangladesh

I got confused with another Sri Lankan, Zoysa, who took a hattrick with the first three balls of the second over of a test v Zim in 1999.

ataraxia

International Coach
ND A skittled for 44 by CD A is pretty wild. CD A appear to be having few problems in response.
Doesn't look good for ND's T20 prospects. Their best XI for the comp looks to have all of Raval, Carter, and Cooper - all bad T20 players lol. Need Tim Pringle to pinch-hit, evidently

jcas0167

International Debutant
Doesn't look good for ND's T20 prospects. Their best XI for the comp looks to have all of Raval, Carter, and Cooper - all bad T20 players lol. Need Tim Pringle to pinch-hit, evidently
I forgot ND are defending champs. I guess a lot will also rest on Seifert's shoulders. Katene Clarke can be a dangerous opener too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Vaas did it in a test match (v Zim) and an ODI (v Ban) IIRC.
Irfan Pathan famously did it in the first over of a Test against Pakistan. Pakistan still won by 341 runs.

EDIT: No actually I'm wrong! It was the first over but not actually the first three balls.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hamish Rutherford's scores this season: 28, 2, 9, 3, 0, 0, 16, 28, 0, 5. Yipes.

Better news for SteveNZ XI superstar Henry 'Frigate' Shipley, smashing Aces to pieces this time. And how about the ball Rance got Dale Phillips with...wowee

jcas0167

International Debutant
Good to see Llew Johnson did well the other day against Auckland. Since replacing Neesham 5 years ago as a 17 year old he hasn't really delivered on his potential so hopefully that will change.