• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why the squad was madness. No Second frontline spinner when Leach has chrohn's disease. Few frontline bowling options in general.

From the guardian....
"But late changes and even a 24-hour delay to the match are now possible, with a mystery “bug” having swept through the camp and only Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope and Joe Root present during Wednesday’s final training session at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

While the session was optional, an England spokesperson confirmed that “13 to 14 members” of the tour party were suffering from symptoms of a “bug”, including “six or seven” of the 16-man playing squad. This includes Stokes himself, while Jack Leach, who manages Crohn’s disease, is also understood to be suffering symptoms. Will Jacks and Rehan Ahmed, the two reserve spinners, also missed nets."

lol i hope Root's back and shoulder are loose.

****in knew this would happen

Burgey

You don't get to put a test off for a day because the side isn't fit enough. FMD. It isn't the Black Death. Covid protocols don't apply.

If they aren't fit it's a forfeit. How self-indulgent are these clowns expecting the world to wait while they get over the squirts. **** that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You don't get to put a test off for a day because the side isn't fit enough. FMD. It isn't the Black Death. Covid protocols don't apply.

If they aren't fit it's a forfeit. How self-indulgent are these clowns expecting the world to wait while they get over the squirts. **** that.
The people of Pakistan deserve to see elite players, you cantankerous prick

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey I actually rate Livingstone's bowling tbh. Bowls at a good pace, reasonably accurate and can turn it both ways. Similar to Marnus imo. Think he can be a good spin accompaniment to Leach

Batting him at 8 is a bit ugh though

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think team is ok its just i don't trust the Babar/Saqi and Rambo trio to encourage good cricket. The one positve i see is they are looking past uncles and over the hill Yasir and trying a new spinner. All this team needs is a performing spinner and a fully recovered Shaheen to win regularly in Asia. Pace attack also seems fine Naseem had decent past couple of series and looks to be on the up, i expect Haris to make an impact with reverse in sub cont and new chap Mohammad ali is in the mould of younger Mohammad Abbas
If they get the team combo right and are willing to make result oriented pitches i think they will win the series the biggest obstacle is the mindset of the think tank imo.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This is why the squad was madness. No Second frontline spinner when Leach has chrohn's disease. Few frontline bowling options in general.

From the guardian....
"But late changes and even a 24-hour delay to the match are now possible, with a mystery “bug” having swept through the camp and only Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Keaton Jennings, Ollie Pope and Joe Root present during Wednesday’s final training session at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

While the session was optional, an England spokesperson confirmed that “13 to 14 members” of the tour party were suffering from symptoms of a “bug”, including “six or seven” of the 16-man playing squad. This includes Stokes himself, while Jack Leach, who manages Crohn’s disease, is also understood to be suffering symptoms. Will Jacks and Rehan Ahmed, the two reserve spinners, also missed nets."

lol i hope Root's back and shoulder are loose.
Didn't they carry their own chef this time?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised Jennings is not in the XI. Coming off a monster county season and plays spin extremely well
I reckon he'd go well in this series.

But Duckett scores a bit faster and played nicely in T20s recently. Personally I'd play them both but obviously in there is only one 'non-Zak Crawley' opening spot available at the moment.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain

Very forward thinking of you mate - nevermind the fact that the public in Pakistan might actually want to see the game and the financial implications to Pakistan should it not go ahead.

Maybe we should do what India did last year and pretend there's a Covid outbreak as players were more concerned about playing in the IPL than poor mugs like me who had bought tickets expecting to see a test match.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nah **** that I'll take a forfeit
Nah i think we have this series covered provided Nawaz and the new spinner bowl well if Shadab was bothered about test cricket we would be massive favourites.

My main concern is pitches will continue to be from1960's.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
The Rawalpindi pitch against the Aussies was about as flat as it gets.

If its like that again, even our notoriously flaky batting line should be able to knock up at least 450.

trundler

Nah i think we have this series covered provided Nawaz and the new spinner bowl well if Shadab was bothered about test cricket we would be massive favourites.

My main concern is pitches will continue to be from1960's.
And they've sent a horrendous squad too. But if England can't turn up I'll take the forfeit. Too bad.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I reckon he'd go well in this series.

But Duckett scores a bit faster and played nicely in T20s recently. Personally I'd play them both but obviously in there is only one 'non-Zak Crawley' opening spot available at the moment.
I've said on here before Crawley is better placed at three... but now they're investing heavily in Pope batting there that rather inhibits that spot also!

I thought the top 5 for this match should have been

Jennings
Duckett
Crawley
Root
Pope

with Bairstow still out injured.

I guess we'll now see who's not ill in the morning