• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time ODI XI

subshakerz

International Coach
Sachin
Gilchrist(Wk)
Richards
Kohli
ABD
Dhoni
Dev
Pollock
Akram
Murali
McGrath

Note: I dunno why no one is picking Dev, and Imran instead. Ofcourse Imran is leagues ahead in tests, but in ODIs his SR is too low to play at 5 or below and he mostly batted at 5, compared to Dev who batted mostly at 6 or 7. As bowlers they are more or less the same in ODIs. As batsmen, you could say Imran is more reliable but his SR is 75 compared to Dev’s 95, and no sane man will play Immy inside the top 5 five in an all time ODI XI. Plus both of them average sub 40, it’s just that as a batsmen Dev is far more suited to batting at six or below, and as a fielder is leagues ahead. Also Imran’s captaincy skills aren’t going to help him here, as there is no way he is going to captain an ODI all time XI(the likes of Dhoni, Ponting, Lloyd are way ahead of him), and even Kapil has a WC as captain, with a far more inferior side.
Averages are misleading. Imran is a league ahead of Kapil as a bowler so then you have five high quality bowlers in the lineup.

And people underestimate Imran's smashing skills down the order. Imran at 7 averaged 28 at SR 80. He knew how to accelerate.

Kapil no doubt a better fielder.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Averages are misleading. Imran is a league ahead of Kapil as a bowler so then you have five high quality bowlers in the lineup.

And people underestimate Imran's smashing skills down the order. Imran at 7 averaged 28 at SR 80. He knew how to accelerate.

Kapil no doubt a better fielder.
SR of 80 is acceleration ???

Xuhaib

International Coach
That 175 is so overrated sure Kapil paa jee is an odi great but that 175 is not a very big reason for this.
It came vs Zim who was still 9 years off their test status.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I actually thought of having Kapil at 7 in my side instead of Stokes. I just want the additional leftie there and i don't think Klusener has the game to rebuild at 7 if needed even to the extent of Kapil. Stokes easily the better bat of the 3 and also a pressure player.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah it was properly gun but picking someone based on one innings is almost as dumb as picking someone with an economy rate over 6 as the fifth bowler against an ATG lineup.
Not as dumb as not looking at how it actually betters the rest of the side though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nah it was a genuine ATG knock
Its great knock in the context of the WC campaign had they lost that game there WC would have been over and it would have been embarrassing for India to lose to Zimbabwe and be send packing, but it is at the end of the day a 100 vs the only non test playing nation at the time.

I have this knock rated similar to Inzi 100 vs BD in a test in 2003. He saves Pakistan from an embarrassing test match loss also resurrect his career as PCB had planned to ask him to give his retirement after this game. Bottom line its a 100 vs a minnow and should never be talked about among great test match knocks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its great knock in the context of the WC campaign had they lost that game there WC would have been over and it would have been embarrassing for India to lose to Zimbabwe and be send packing, but it is at the end of the day a 100 vs the only non test playing nation at the time.

I have this knock rated similar to Inzi 100 vs BD in a test in 2003. He saves Pakistan from an embarrassing test match loss also resurrect his career as PCB had planned to ask him to give his retirement after this game. Bottom line its a 100 vs a minnow and should never be talked about among great test match knocks.
Didn't that Zim side best Aus?

Sunil1z

International Regular
Bro one innings. If you have seen him (admittedly I only saw him towards tail end of his career), he would most of the times throw his wicket after hitting 2-3 boundaries. That were most of his ODI innings. He is only little better than Afridi in that respect, if at all.
Afridi is a perfect batsman to come at 7 with 5 overs to go . Far better than Imran Khan whose Batting strike rate was like Rahul Dravid . Imagine Dravid batting in last 5 overs .

srbhkshk

International Captain
Afridi is a perfect batsman to come at 7 with 5 overs to go . Far better than Imran Khan whose Batting strike rate was like Rahul Dravid . Imagine Dravid batting in last 5 overs .
Dravid was actually pretty good in the last 5 overs afaik.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Yes.

Its a decent minnow but its still an attack that has 2 bowlers average 50 odd, one in mid 40's and no one below 31. Surely Kapil has played more impactful knocks against better attacks
I am taking screenshot of all your post and sending it to that Zimbabwe guy on Twitter who started Mr Bean Drama ?