• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
Haha but in all seriousness Butler will probably start to become a T20 regular (opening the batting, to ensure that Hallidayitis doesn't engage). Smith + a left-hander worked very (and I mean very) well last night, so I'm looking to test this out.

And playing one of my umpteen developing players in seniors is near-mandatory by this point, they need to get games

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Probably happy to be getting a bat seeing a few of his recent innings. Hopefully can fetch a decent fee for you

ataraxia

International Coach
Good knock to depart with from Branning; he's still a quality player.

Rusty sealing the game here stylishly with a rare showcase of his finishing skills

ataraxia

International Coach
Haha but in all seriousness Butler will probably start to become a T20 regular (opening the batting, to ensure that Hallidayitis doesn't engage). Smith + a left-hander worked very (and I mean very) well last night, so I'm looking to test this out.
Well, er, after the powerplay against Winton we were 92 for nought. My plan was to let Smith dominate, but it seems the message didn't get across to Butler. 69 (22), then out next ball. The almost:

1669258001003.png

Not the greatest day out for Pete Howe. BQ means nothing yadda yadda.

We were underwhelming in the middle overs, but that wasn't really a problem. Kurt getting going now, 200 already up after 17 overs...

JOJOXI

Well, er, after the powerplay against Winton we were 92 for nought. My plan was to let Smith dominate, but it seems the message didn't get across to Butler. 69 (22), then out next ball. The almost:

View attachment 33709

Not the greatest day out for Pete Howe. BQ means nothing yadda yadda.

We were underwhelming in the middle overs, but that wasn't really a problem. Kurt getting going now, 200 already up after 17 overs...
An eye-opener, rotated a bit today but next season Pete Howe will go from person plugging a gap in our strongest teams with Tweddle having aged out and been sold to one of the better players in our squad.

In fairness gave the bowlers a pep talk to keep Nick Smith quiet and compared to some of his recent innings we achieved that. If only I mentioned the other batters...

ataraxia

International Coach
As a general rule, don't play any medium pacers on my home pitch if you have a choice lol (tbf it doesn't look like you did). Kotze proving that rn, interesting to see your combo of aggressive openers also working.

JOJOXI

Although, I should add it was a reasonably strong bowling attack (for us). Flinn Titt and Benjamin Woodford are easily first choice. Pete Howe gets overs for us especially with the new ball - RIP his figures 3-0-63-0. Hailstone regularly bowls fill-in overs for us. James Phelps is close to our first-choice team and at 35 rated at 16 years old will be spearheading our attack next season. Goonesekara the plan is for him to be our 2nd all rounder alongside Howe and for him to be a death bowling option for us. Had comparative (to the rest of our attack) success today.

But nice to see we've started well with the bat - not expecting to chase this down but if we can get to near 200 and a few of the next-gen fire I'd be very happy.

JOJOXI

As a general rule, don't play any medium pacers on my home pitch if you have a choice lol (tbf it doesn't look like you did). Kotze proving that rn, interesting to see your combo of aggressive openers also working.
My bowling attack for the next gen is pretty much sorted - if anything I might sell Declan Hayes but it does show up a weak spot in my team. Irfan Bangash bowls Medium-fast but after that its a medium pace festival.

cnerd123

likes this
FHK putting on an absolute clinic against ZCC. Both teams resting some seniors, with one eye towards the future. Similar in ratings but miles apart in performance.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
CWC 6 PL - And then there were 4!

In the 11th round matches match of the CWC 6 Premier League - the results meant some statistical landmarks were passed

Jura have booked their place in the semis for certain and the 3 remaining places will be fought out by Geese, Winton, TMO and Charminster. A 5-point defeat for TMO saw them drop from 2nd to 4th, whilst 5th place Charminster picked up a 4-point win to close the gap.

However, looking at the remaining 3 fixtures it is going to be a tall order for Charminster to catch up the 5 points to TMO (NRR are very similar).

Round 12 probably won't be conclusive in terms of who will qualify, but any slip ups could be a trap door :eek:

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Last edited: