• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't believe Burl is already 28. I remember watching him in an U19 World Cup like it was yesterday. What the actual ****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You reckon 16 teams for this one plus who? I'd guess Oman, Nepal, Kenya, HK. Can't think of anyone else who's even played any qualifiers recently
1667734922131.png

Best guess:

Two from Africa - Zimbabwe and Namibia
One from Americas - Canada
Two from Asia - Hardest to predict, but I'll go with UAE and Nepal
One from East Asia-Pacific - PNG
Two from Europe - Ireland and Scotland

There are always a couple of upsets in these things though.

Hong Kong definitely in the toughest qualifying tournament, even Kuwait have been going well lately.

1667735051683.png

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ah, didn't know they had switched from world to regional qualifiers. I suspect Canada would be around the bottom of that Asian group.

Edit: And just seen the USA are getting automatic qualification lol. I wonder if it's been increased to 20 teams just to make USA being there not a complete nonsense

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah, didn't know they had switched from world to regional qualifiers. I suspect Canada would be around the bottom of that Asian group.

Edit: And just seen the USA are getting automatic qualification lol. I wonder if it's been increased to 20 teams just to make USA being there not a complete nonsense
The tournament is probably a bit lucky Netherlands won today, otherwise we'd only get two out of Netherlands/Ireland/Scotland at the next tournament, and another team from Africa (Uganda/Kenya most likely) instead.

I'd consider Uganda beating Netherlands a bigger upset than Netherlands beating South Africa tbh.

Last edited: