• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
There has to be something done about rain delays , it makes our sport look so amateurish these kind of delays it's not a good look , This game is being played in Melbourne ..Docklands Stadium is 5 miles away from MCG I repeat it has a retractable roof ..You really think fans and the teams involved would object to moving the game there instead of a washout? Really dumb

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There has to be something done about rain delays , it makes our sport look so amateurish these kind of delays it's not a good look , This game is being played in Melbourne ..Docklands Stadium is 5 miles away from MCG I repeat it has a retractable roof ..You really think fans and the teams involved would object to moving the game there instead of a washout? Really dumb
I don't think completely moving a game is as simple as you think

Victor Ian

International Coach
It would entail booking out the other stadium and only works for Melbourne. This really is way abnormal weather at the moment, but it still sucks.

Zinzan

While there's a reasonable argument for Docklands (with it's roof) being one of the WC venues in the first place, it's not like a group of mates playing beach cricket only to decide they need to move to another part of the beach half way through. Think you're slightly underestimating the logistics.

TheJediBrah

Well if they don't worry about crowds or staff/food/drink or sightscreens, equipment, changerooms or anything like that they could probably find a left-over goal post from the AFL season and use it as a cricket pitch I don't know

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do find the scheduling two games at the same ground on the same day thing questionable. They didn't do it like that in 2016 but did in 2014 and 2012.

Zinzan

Gutted for Afghan fans, two consecutive wash-outs to go along with their lost and they can kiss any faint hopes of progressing goodbye...

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Being a glass is half full kinda guy, im looking at the radar and thinking it's possible this band of rain could pass by 7pm. Anyone else got any optimism?