• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Its interesting to see how similar Yiu is to Burger... but just does not do the same. I know there is a big experience difference but otherwise pretty identical. Yiu has the poker-faced trait which is important but the Iceman trait should counter Burgers lower experience.

cnerd123

likes this
Iceman doesn't counter exp to that extent. There's 7 points between them!!

Partnership Breaker and Poker Faced account for a lot of wickets imo

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Much improved performance for TMOs in the second battle today vs FHK; home pitch that is much better for batting. See if they can continue this effort.

cnerd123

likes this
Hard to take wickets on this kind of pitch once the ball goes old. It's why I always opt to bowl first at DDMG. Chasing is a breeze if you get through the new ball.

cnerd123

likes this
Ncanana with the game-breaking over. FHK's lack of experience showing, not enough finesse to close out the chase.

41 off 6 still doable if we had wickets in hand. Jamal Madani will be ruining his performance - golden opportunity to impress the selectors at FHK and lay a claim to a regular spot in the batting order, what with Kovrig and Abdullah ageing.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
1656485559233.png
After the first 3 matches of the TMOs in the great 'study'! 1 win-2 losses.
Win at home on easy batting pitch, FHK almost chasing down a total of 292 but late innings wickets by Ncanana and Passmore turning the game in TMOs favour, bowling out opposition for 264 in the 46th over. TMOs out rating FHK by just over 2000.
The two losses where very similar against ZCC and Dynamo Morpork , with the TMOs batting order unable to put up a decent total in either innings ending on 163 and 162 in the 45th over, respectively. Chased down in the 40th and 43rd overs. ZCC out rated TMOs by just around 500, TMOs out rating Morpork by 1000.

Earlier indications clearly show that early innings wickets are currently a big problem in all games. Davidson has come good in 3 innings now.

ataraxia

International Coach
View attachment 32218
After the first 3 matches of the TMOs in the great 'study'! 1 win-2 losses.
Win at home on easy batting pitch, FHK almost chasing down a total of 292 but late innings wickets by Ncanana and Passmore turning the game in TMOs favour, bowling out opposition for 264 in the 46th over. TMOs out rating FHK by just over 2000.
The two losses where very similar against ZCC and Dynamo Morpork , with the TMOs batting order unable to put up a decent total in either innings ending on 163 and 162 in the 45th over, respectively. Chased down in the 40th and 43rd overs. ZCC out rated TMOs by just around 500, TMOs out rating Morpork by 1000.

Earlier indications clearly show that early innings wickets are currently a big problem in all games. Davidson has come good in 3 innings now.
Interesting; is there 8 games total? A decent sample size for this purpose. (I'd be interested to track BQ; with bowlers, I'm sure you know what I think: how their BQ compares at different stages of an innings + stamina + experience + traits is all that matters.)

The game today emphasised how clutch AXI's T20 team is; we seem to manufacture close games, and to what I'm sure is a high level of annoyance from the opposition managers we seem to win 70%+ of them. Today's T20:
  • forgets to set orders
  • opposition opening pair put on 144 at a good click
  • bit of a fightback, end up conceding 201-6
  • Rusty fires (again!:wub:) as does Winton up top
  • Branning doesn't fire; collapse, but manage to keep up with RRR
  • Kurt Murdoch, notable for anti-farming the strike with the tail, is the sole remaining recognised batter
  • Ludlow manages 14 (8) before holing out; 15 needed off the last two overs
  • Waters fails to score a run off the first four deliveries of the penultimate; gets out, then Kaiser flashes at one. Wicket maiden, now 15 off 6 balls
  • last over, Murdoch: 2, 0 (drop), 4, 3
  • 4 experience, 14 skilled bat Kaiser is faced with hitting 6 off 2 against 66K death bowling
4, then 3. WAG, makes up for games he's lost with the bat before lol.

cnerd123

likes this
pace really is super valuable in stumped. An additional 10mph is worth almost 1 or 2 points in skill, especially once you get past 35 skill and hitting diminishing returns.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting; is there 8 games total? A decent sample size for this purpose. (I'd be interested to track BQ; with bowlers, I'm sure you know what I think: how their BQ compares at different stages of an innings + stamina + experience + traits is all that matters.)
Currently 9 games... may be be extended provided I have willing participants. Some minor changes may also be made to setup and then another 9 games run.

I am keeping an eye on BQ and experience in particular. I think that Stamina has an effect, but more on batsmen than bowlers, depending on type of bowlers. But I am watching the games and taking note of things, including avg age, touch, run outs and 'unlucky' outs, dropped catches etc.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
pace really is super valuable in stumped. An additional 10mph is worth almost 1 or 2 points in skill, especially once you get past 35 skill and hitting diminishing returns.
Its interesting you say this because I do think increasing Burgers pace effected his ability to take wickets at the top of the order. It quite clear that his diminishing return on wickets happened as I increased his pace. But for a player like Passmore it is a huge advantage because movement was not key for him and his role was always to take wickets later in innings with high variation.