• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
GG CC’s most inexperienced DEV in a long time (36K rating) triumphed over their opponents today.

Batting is weak; bowling’s not too far from weak as well…recruited 2 youngsters over the past week to bolster the team strength, D Silva outta Moo CC for $1,000…and Pocock (what a name yeah) from Pickersleigh CC for $10,010

D Silva made 1(4)
Pocock made 37(75) & took 1/10 in 3 overs

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Even though I out rate the opposition by almost 8000K I`m likely to loose the game now that they have scored 200+. I took no early wickets even though my bowlers did a good job and are of high quality, thus the opposition where able to make a big score. Likely my batsmen will be more aggressive due to the big score and I will lose wickets consistently and lose the game, even though their bowlers are much inferior. Hopefully my big bats do a really good job but not expecting that as a decent outcome based on recent performances.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Even though I out rate the opposition by almost 8000K I`m likely to loose the game now that they have scored 200+. I took no early wickets even though my bowlers did a good job and are of high quality, thus the opposition where able to make a big score. Likely my batsmen will be more aggressive due to the big score and I will lose wickets consistently and lose the game, even though their bowlers are much inferior. Hopefully my big bats do a really good job but not expecting that as a decent outcome based on recent performances.
And proven true in the first 3 balls as my opening bat gets out to a BQ of 4...
So this proved true up until the 8th wicket when the TMOs had a partnership of 69 of 68 balls to win the match... Burger doing it with the bat instead of with the ball. And Davidson at last playing a captains knock.

But the managers heart can no longer take the palpitations...

SillyCowCorner1

Mooo is about to play the number 4th ranked team in the world. Let's hope that it's not a mauling and that we put up a stiff fight.

Batting order we are going with,

1. Meyiwa /
2. Hammad Uzair /
3. Hadi Hafeez /o
4. Hayden +
5. Gibbons /
6. McCormack /o
7. Zulfiqar Hamid /o
8. Kurupath o
9. Jamil Gul* o
10. Kerr o
11. Henton o

This is the most experienced xi that I can assemble together. Not really, Vethanayagam misses out because he's a plain vanilla bowler...went ahead with Kerr instead, unorthodox action.

SillyCowCorner1

Expert preview gives us a 5K advantage over them...and so far my two opening bowlers Henton and Kerr, both with unorthodox actions have struck.

9/2 in the 3rd over.

cnerd123

likes this
ZCC had a thrilling final over, 1-wicket win chasing 200 in their Dev game, while FHK were utterly dominant. Both sides firmly mid-table atm, but the leagues are very competitive.

TMO elected to bat first against a somewhat weakened ZCC side in a Friendly 50 over today, and were bowled out for 163 on a minefield (88/78/89). Chester and Ramalingam each taking 4/35. This may be enough - Takunda Guliwe has picked up TMO's first wicket in the 2nd over of the chase!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Its a tough wicket to start for the TMOs, on considering orders are to always bat first. Just wanted to get close to 200.. possibly 20 short but we shall see.

cnerd123

likes this
just had absolutely no scoreboard pressure to work with. Not a single attacking shot played in the first 21 overs. Plenty of gaps in the field too.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
just had absolutely no scoreboard pressure to work with. Not a single attacking shot played in the first 21 overs. Plenty of gaps in the field too.
That is part of it... but against good batsmen, they tend to just see Burger off anyway.

I`ve come to the tentative conclusion that, while SS for batsmen is the most important. LL for bowlers is pretty secondary. Yes, sometimes it helps keep runs down but the economical trait does a better job of that. Really what you need is movement and variation, and if you bowl the occasional 'poor' ball that is ok because it is likely that the batsmen then play an attacking shot and give a chance at the wicket with decent movement or variation.

I was hoping with Burger that once he reached a decent speed, and got over the 10 exp mark he would start taking wickets again. But not so far. He takes wickets against low quality and does little to nothing against high quality batting.

As I said this is all about testing the waters both for the batsmen and bowlers and I will see how Burger goes across all the games on different pitches.

cnerd123

likes this
Burger is lower in skill/exp than ZCC's top order anyways, so yea simple line and length won't be enough. Isn't quite a RF yet either, more pace and exp would help a bit. Could definitely take a bagful if he's got some scoreboard pressure tho - Shahboss and Ahsan just stat on him for his entire quota.

Some late wickets but ZCC cruising home comfortably in the end.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Burger is lower in skill/exp than ZCC's top order anyways, so yea simple line and length won't be enough. Isn't quite a RF yet either, more pace and exp would help a bit. Could definitely take a bagful if he's got some scoreboard pressure tho - Shahboss and Ahsan just stat on him for his entire quota.

Some late wickets but ZCC cruising home comfortably in the end.
The expert review is interesting because overall ZCC is of higher skill quality across the board than TMOs but the review difference is only 500. But man for man looks much higher.

cnerd123

likes this
The expert review is interesting because overall ZCC is of higher skill quality across the board than TMOs but the review difference is only 500. But man for man looks much higher.
we've got a few kids in there like Abdul Younis and Taha Jan that brings the overall down a bit. Danial Ahsan was scheduled to bowl 7 overs as well.