• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Cooper = KW. He's in the red room already. The KW we're seeing right now is really evil-Kane, working at failing so bad overseas so that every sub-continent poster chuckle-head can titter to themselves about his away record.

Neither will happen. Bracewell will play and bat at 8 - NZ will want the extra batting cover with Jamieson out of the side. Even with a well-performing middle-order, having Wagner or Southee coming out to bat at 8 with Ajaz at 10 looks a little thin.

As for Latham, I think everyone's point is that this is his usual form against serious opponents. I like Latham a lot, I think he's underrated. But his batting has stagnated at the level of "acceptable for NZ".
Kane for Nicholls, Bracewell still at 7.

3 fast bowlers (Boult, Southee, Wagner/Henry) and Ajaz. Perfect balance. More than enough batting particularly with Darryl and Blundell in best form of their lives.

thierry henry

International Coach
Last test match?
I have us at close to 100% certain to lose this test. We don't win tests from this position and the current team is in shambles - it's bigger than the individual players, who you correctly assess as being perfectly acceptable. Let's hope I'm wrong and reassess in about 16 hours.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cooper = KW. He's in the red room already. The KW we're seeing right now is really evil-Kane, working at failing so bad overseas so that every sub-continent poster chuckle-head can titter to themselves about his away record.
Any rational objective critic should rightly point out KW's ordinary away records in India, England & SA if he's being compared with the great batsmen if his era.

nzfan

I have us at close to 100% certain to lose this test. We don't win tests from this position and the current team is in shambles - it's bigger than the individual players, who you correctly assess as being perfectly acceptable. Let's hope I'm wrong and reassess in about 16 hours.
I was worried for our bowling particularly the lot coming from IPL but they have done all right. Jamieson is a huge loss. Strange things happen you never know. Just hoping Southee doesn't bowl unchanged 40 overs from one end even if he is not getting wickets. Wish they do use Bracewell to bowl at least 15-20 overs. Last day pitch and a dry one, there's definitely bound to be some purchase.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Any rational objective critic should rightly point out KW's ordinary away records in India, England & SA if he's being compared with the great batsmen if his era.
SA's a curious inclusion. He's played literally 1 test there since he was 22. Scored a good 70-something in that game too iirc.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Kane for Nicholls, Bracewell still at 7.

3 fast bowlers (Boult, Southee, Wagner/Henry) and Ajaz. Perfect balance. More than enough batting particularly with Darryl and Blundell in best form of their lives.
I was going to say this is harsh on Nicholls considering he scored a century vs SA not too long ago but looing at the stats post-India tour he is the worst performing middle order bat of the current lot - though averages more than Young and Latham in the same period (who have tougher jobs).

Latham's stats are inflated by his double. I know the "take away his good scores is daft" rationale is that - daft - but that's his 1 50+ score of the entire period. His next highest score was in this match, of 26. Meanwhile Young has passed 50 4 times in the same period.

nzfan

I was going to say this is harsh on Nicholls considering he scored a century vs SA not too long ago but looing at the stats post-India tour he is the worst performing middle order bat of the current lot - though averages more than Young and Latham in the same period (who have tougher jobs).

Latham's stats are inflated by his double. I know the "take away his good scores is daft" rationale is that - daft - but that's his 1 50+ score of the entire period. His next highest score was in this match, of 26. Meanwhile Young has passed 50 4 times in the same period.
It'll be an absolute disaster if they also mess around with Young. Finally we have someone who's a really good player. Not like a scrapper but a good player. It will do no good to his psyche if they drop him. Got to give him a good run.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It'll be an absolute disaster if they also mess around with Young. Finally we have someone who's a really good player. Not like a scrapper but a good player. It will do no good to his psyche if they drop him. Got to give him a good run.
I know the "make middle order bat open" strategy is daft but if it's anyone it should be Nicholls. He's a scrapper with 9 lives, should take advantage.

Chubb

International Regular
Given the current Govt, I doubt it has anything to do with his politics. I've heard rumours that Liam Messam and some of the left-leaning all blacks were told not to speak publicly about politics by NZ Rugby under National, despite Carter, McCaw etc being used as political props by Key et al (and occassionally, publicly supporting them). Why would NZC stop Neesham? If anything his political views are an asset.

I can see him becoming a left-wing version of Mark Richardson when he retires and fair play to him if he goes for it.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah for all the talk of Neesham being "a bit different" his persona basically seems to be centre-left Normal Guy with about an average understanding of memes, internet culture and the outside world generally. I'm not really seeing the rabble rouser.

nzfan

are you really saying he was dropped because he's a left winger?
Don't know but I can't see how they could have cut from the contract. At the batting order he plays and the number of overs he bowls he's not done bad that I know of. If it's not performance it has to be something else right?