• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm optimistic about the series still but not at optimistic about this test match. If we're bowled out for less than 100 it'll take more than a miracle to come back.

We will still get reasonable runs in the second dig but didn't expect the first session to be as bad for us.

nzfan

Oh don't be such a negative Nelly, you're 2/27 since you were 4/12!
Fair call... That's some optimism. I really want to hit the sack but I feel like CDG and Kyle can bat so can Ajaz. Too much optimism, a bit like standing on a train track and hoping it'll swerve away to the next track.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
This team has just felt so rudderless since the WTC Final.
They played well for most of that 1st test draw in India, and really well in the 1st test vs SA. Otherwise the rest has been very poor. I was confident of a good 1st test performance, but now we need a miracle or rain.

Moss

Blundell was dismissed in similar fashion against South Africa IIRC. Barring a couple of quick fifties against tired attacks, he’s looked very muddled with the bat ever since he became first choice keeper.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Heavy rain forecast Saturday, Sunday and Monday so this looks like a draw but didn’t expect NZ to start this poorly.

Moss

Nothing like a top order collapse to allow the tail to play the one way it knows, consequences be damned.