• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cameron Green

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was waiting for this thread.

To answer your question, I don't ever see him opening the batting for Australia

Reactions: Red

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
If injuries don’t hit him it’s easy see him averaging north of 40 with the bat and under 30 with the ball.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that slippy started this thread, let us do a career prediction and see in 10 years who were correct. if the world exists at that time

Tests: 100
Runs: 7045
Bat avg: 43.5
Wickets: 319
Bowl avg: 32.6

ImpatientLime

International Regular
If injuries don’t hit him it’s easy see him averaging north of 40 with the bat and under 30 with the ball.
he's super gifted but this is mental. only aubrey faulkner in the history of test cricket has achieved this if you take a sensible qualification number.

if guys like sobers, kallis, botham, miller, khan, dev etc etc couldn't do it then its probably a bit of a stretch.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, especially since 2018, I think we are now in an era where 45+ is basically the old 55+ as far as batting averages go. Interesting to see so many think either Green will be that good as a batsman, or that the pitches will go back to CEO era stuff.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Watto was a vastly underrated cricketer, but like most slippy threads this one is way off the mark.

The selectors and Aus public have a much grander career plan in mind for Cam Green than the next Watto. Time will tell if he can live up to it but the bloke looks an exceptional talent.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
he's super gifted but this is mental. only aubrey faulkner in the history of test cricket has achieved this if you take a sensible qualification number.

if guys like sobers, kallis, botham, miller, khan, dev etc etc couldn't do it then its probably a bit of a stretch.
It’s hardly mental. Your comparison with those other all rounders doesn’t make sense. I’m not claiming he’ll average 55+ with the bat or low 20s with the ball.

Im suggesting that if he stays injury free he could have an output with the bat that’s something similar to MWaugh or Khawaja, and with the ball something similar to Siddle or Paul Reiffel. Literally cant see any reason why (injuries aside) that he wouldn’t.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
It’s hardly mental. Your comparison with those other all rounders doesn’t make sense. I’m not claiming he’ll average 55+ with the bat or low 20s with the ball.

Im suggesting that if he stays injury free he could have an output with the bat that’s something similar to MWaugh or Khawaja, and with the ball something similar to Siddle or Paul Reiffel. Literally cant see any reason why (injuries aside) that he wouldn’t.
He surely has a lot of potential, but claiming that he'll bat like Waugh and bowl like Siddle is very big statement considering the fact that he is yet to play a game outside home conditions.

thierry henry

International Coach

It’s only a big statement in that basically no-one has ever done it. Which really makes it quite a big statement imo.

Victor Ian

International Coach
so how does he look as an injury prospect? is his bowling style similar to the model that breaks them when they are young?

Spark

Global Moderator
His action is certainly better than it was last summer when it was counterrotation city. There's still a little bit of that going on, but with workload management and more strength in his body (he's still a bit of a beanpole) he should be okay.

Bijed

International Regular
I reckon Watto was a vastly underrated cricketer
Yeah, I agree - a lot of specific (and not unreasonable) frustrations with him as test player kinda overshadowed the positives he did offer and I imagine a lot of people think more of him than they did at the time when they look back has his career

Ironic really that his standing should improve when reviewed