• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
I wouldn't pick Ngidi over Jansen, Rabada and Nortje as our front line bowlers... I'd like an all rounder to step in,
1.Elgar c
2. Erwee
3.Petersen
4. Makram
5. Rvdd
6. Temba v
7.Kyle K
8. Jansen
9. Rabada
10. Olivier
11. Nortjie

12. Van Tonder
13. Richards
14, Maharaj
15, Linde
16. Nigidi
17. Mulder
18. Sipamandla

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
If this is what we're calling a decent side compared to India, then India is far from a goat team.

(I know you have never stated this, but it's for the benefit of all those over hyping this team on internet forums and Skysports comms etc)
Kyle v averages over 50 at fc level out of his depth you mad. He needs time

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
y
I think there are still enough competent guys involved in identifying and developing cricketers at grassroots that the talent will always be there. It's just the guys at the top who are making it difficult for the talent to make it all the way through.
Yep and even private coaching clinics for kids lots.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I think it's more that there's a feeling that Supersport don't quite appreciate the distinction between broadcaster and participant.

I'm not endorsing this theory - how on earth would I know - but it is one that has been doing the rounds here for a long time. First I heard of it was in 2014 when Steyn reversed it around corners in PE when no one else could, and then SA got done for ball tampering in the very next away series.
If they had tampered with the ball how come it was only steyn that got anything out of it and not the other sa bowlers?

Tom Flint

International Regular
this is basically sydney 2008 without the racism and you ****s are already moving on wtf
It wasn't out. I thought last week India and their fans are realising they aren't as good as they think they are and they threw their toys out the pram over one decision. Everyone gave credit to you in aus last year, shame you can't do the same for a team that deserved their win

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA broadcasters ****ing with the game to the benefit of the home side has been a thing for years, at least it's pretty widely accepted here in Aus. Not that it should be an excuse but supposedly one of the big motivators for the sandpaper was the Saffers were ball tampering constantly and the Aussies had enough of it (among other things, crowd abuse, Rabada suspension overrule, sonny bill masks etc.) so decided to join in. Then of course the broadcasters did a fantastic partisan job of catching them out.

That story making the Aus out as pure victims probably not the whole story lol but there will be a lot of truth behind it. Tbh wouldn't surprise me at all if there was hanky panky going on behind the scenes with the broadcasters. The kinds of accusations casually thrown out by the Indian guys over the stump mic wouldn't have just come from nowhere.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As far as this series itself goes, I think we were always expecting our bowling to carry us given we were refusing to move on from Purane. Its amazing how similar this series has been to the 2006 series where Dravid and Sachin batted like ghosts of themselves and were criticized even by the mildest of critics and regular yes-men in the media. I think whoever did bat for us did not apply themselves to the levels they did against Australia in Australia or even against England in England. Daemon pointed out the 2nd half of our 2nd innings at Jo'burg is where it all started to unravel and I agree. Our 3rd innings batting in both tests had a lot of air of "200 is enough" and they just did not want it as badly as they did in Australia. But all that said, given that the batting was expected to be weak, I think the loss of Siraj is what hit us hard. Playing with basically 10 players, and still expecting to defend 240 there at Joburg was not a great effort and somehow the old crappy 2 4s an over nostrils turned up here at Cape Town instead of the new and improved we have seen since the pandemic.

I hope Ishant can find his best form somehow as I feel he still adds a point of difference to our attack that others do not. An attack of Ishant, Bumrah, Siraj and Shardul seems ideal for most conditions in SENA. Ishant has always made a difference in swinging tracks, so I hope he is back in some sort of form for the England test. In the shorter term, it puts a lot of pressure on us for the WTC and we will need to win a lot of games. Hopefully it sees the return of the committed and disciplined sides we saw in England and Australia and not the ones who seemed to be looking to finish games in a hurry that we saw here.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The current iteration of the Indian team has performed well, all things considered, but it has reached a natural termination mark as this extended touring cycle winds down. We need some fresh legs in there, if only on a trial basis. Too many guys approaching their mid-30s (Rohit, Kohli, Ishant, Umesh, Ashwin, Jadeja). Rest them from time to time and let the next gen get a feel for the big stage, else we might be looking at a painful transition period.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The salt over broadcaster apparent interference amazes me... it's like lollygate did not happen? So somebody convince me that broadcasters don't have cameras watching players around the world? We have seen it time and again from many broadcasters. Never mind this whole bust up is because 'Hawkeye' was apparently dodgy, which is not run by supersport, rather than accepting the ball bounces on SA pitches? If you are getting hit half a meter or more outside the crease in SA, it is likely going over the top.

SA broadcasters ****ing with the game to the benefit of the home side has been a thing for years, at least it's pretty widely accepted here in Aus. Not that it should be an excuse but supposedly one of the big motivators for the sandpaper was the Saffers were ball tampering constantly and the Aussies had enough of it (among other things, crowd abuse, Rabada suspension overrule, sonny bill masks etc.) so decided to join in. Then of course the broadcasters did a fantastic partisan job of catching them out.

That story making the Aus out as pure victims probably not the whole story lol but there will be a lot of truth behind it. Tbh wouldn't surprise me at all if there was hanky panky going on behind the scenes with the broadcasters. The kinds of accusations casually thrown out by the Indian guys over the stump mic wouldn't have just come from nowhere.
Apparent high levels of nutter conspiracy have now crept into cricket world...

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

This is what I feel. On-field behaviour was stupid, but CWers are giving a free pass to SuperSport despite their history. A couple of things here, does anyone have complete clarity over the DRS predictions? Does the broadcaster provide any input to it or it is fully independent?

Broadcasters are the last bloody thing that the players would have in their mind when they are on-field unless there has been some discussion about it earlier and the players have found something fishy(some things about SS are already out there but the DRS part is till unclear).

SA are the deserving winners regardless of that crucial decision, no doubt about it. There are plenty of edges that fly over the slips or don't carry, do you hold on to that as well? Things don't always go your way, you just move on and give your 100%, the team started reacting emotionally after the DRS thingie instead of trying harder.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The salt over broadcaster apparent interference amazes me... it's like lollygate did not happen? So somebody convince me that broadcasters don't have cameras watching players around the world? We have seen it time and again from many broadcasters. Never mind this whole bust up is because 'Hawkeye' was apparently dodgy, which is not run by supersport, rather than accepting the ball bounces on SA pitches? If you are getting hit half a meter or more outside the crease in SA, it is likely going over the top.

Apparent high levels of nutter conspiracy have now crept into cricket world...
shocked that SA supporters would be in utter denial

(not)