• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
It's rather late for us here in NZ to watch this game live but it's truly fascinating day of cricket. Test series on the line. Gun SA bowling vs gun India bowling. No favorites for me but may the best bowling attack win. Batting is a bit of a lottery here particularly with the new kookas they've rolled out recently.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
where's shubman gill and prithvi shaw at? thought gill looked decent in australia.
They would have nicked off too and supporters would have been upset India didn't bank the experience of Rahane and Pujara instead. I've followed this series whenever possible and as a neutral can say both Rahane and Pujara haven't batted all that badly given the conditions.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
I think selectors should've taken the decision out of the immediate team's hands and sent Rahane/Pujara away to work on their issues an year or so ago. We could've blooded some youngsters in that time and had real depth in case Purane came back strong. They're both 34 now and damaged goods beyond repair...at least Rahane is, one feels.
It's tricky tho. Right after the Australia tour we had England at home, which tbf might have been a good time to blood some youngsters in, but with a spot in the WTC final at stake I can see why they didn't risk it.

Then was the WTC final + tour of England. A tour of England is a terrible place to debut a rookie, so Rahane and Che Pu were dragged along.

Then we had NZ at home, where Iyer was given a go, and from there we've come straight out to SA.

Doesn't help that Vihari and Sundar were injured/unavailable for most of this time, one feels they might have been given more chances if they were in the squad in England. Vihari would have been playing this game but Che and Rahane scored those fifties and so he's back on the bench.

In hindsight, we should have used the two series vs England to test out some new bats, but at the time it didn't seem so straightforward. Hopefully our next home series/tour of SL or smth will see some newer bats given a go.

ashley bach

International Captain
It's rather late for us here in NZ to watch this game live but it's truly fascinating day of cricket. Test series on the line. Gun SA bowling vs gun India bowling. No favorites for me but may the best bowling attack win. Batting is a bit of a lottery here particularly with the new kookas they've rolled out recently.
it's not too late at all.
it's when it's getting close to stumps at 5.00am before I'll even think about the pillow.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
They would have nicked off too and supporters would have been upset India didn't bank the experience of Rahane and Pujara instead. I've followed this series whenever possible and add a neutral can say both Rahane and Pujara haven't batted all that badly given the conditions.
Why are you making so much sense? Please drop your IQ a little bit and then talk to us.

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
They would have nicked off too and supporters would have been upset India didn't bank the experience of Rahane and Pujara instead. I've followed this series whenever possible and add a neutral can say both Rahane and Pujara haven't batted all that badly given the conditions.
I'm not for Pujara getting dropped, and I'm a Rahane apologist, or at least was. Was just curious because these two were rated as the next big things in Indian batting, and I thought Gill showed enough to have an extended run.