• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Sydney (?) - Jan 5-9 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm astounded there is talk of Ussie being dropped.

I'm sorry, but if a white Australian player made back-to-back hundreds, there is no way in hell he would be dropped under any circumstances (beyond him engaging in some wrong conduct on or off the field) for the next test.
Why on earth are you making this a race thing.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Fmd imagine if they leave out Boland and Khawaja next test. It’ll make what happened to George Floyd seem like a misdemeanour to vicleggie.
Good point. Boland took those wickets in Melbourne and was undroppable for the next test.

My point is that this is what should happen here with Uz.

Gob

International Coach
I think its well established by now that vicleggie is a ****ing moron but yeah talks of Usman being dropped is trash

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because literally no other player would ever be dropped after scoring back to back hundreds...not for ****ing Travis Head or Marcus Harris at least.
Neither has Khawaja yet, so how about you stop whacking off to the thought of it because you desperately want everyone to be racist

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, on declaration. In hindsight the extra time definetekyll
Because literally no other player would ever be dropped after scoring back to back hundreds...not for ****ing Travis Head or Marcus Harris at least.
I don't agree with the policy, but at the end of the day the selectors are backing Harris. It's not a race thing. Either we drop the 22 YO all-rounder averaging 33/28, a guy averaging 70 for the series, or drop ussie and have Harris open.

Theres obviously bias involved if Harris plays over Khawaja but it's not racially motivated, Langer has described Harris as a "little brother" and has a notorious WA bias, it's a ****ed up form of nepotism if anything .

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He doesn't have to want. There's at least three I can see on this page of the thread alone.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Buttler going home, presumably Pope did well enough to be trusted with the gloves for the last test?

Heboric

International Debutant
I had images of Jimmy and that game against Sri Lanka going through my mind, but well done to him. Not his job to teach the other ****s how to bat properly

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Also, on declaration. In hindsight the extra time definetekyll
I don't agree with the policy, but at the end of the day the selectors are backing Harris. It's not a race thing. Either we drop the 22 YO all-rounder averaging 33/28, a guy averaging 70 for the series, or drop ussie and have Harris open.

Theres obviously bias involved if Harris plays over Khawaja but it's not racially motivated, Langer has described Harris as a "little brother" and has a notorious WA bias, it's a ****ed up form of nepotism if anything .
Oh Harris is from WA?

My bad, it may have just been Langer being a nepotistic ****.

Makes me hate Langer even more tbh. Putting the interests of his state above the team. Such a punchable guy.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Harris is a spud.. But instead of Usman Australia would be better served to hand a debut to Henry Hunt in Hobart. Usman should be fixed as opener in coming sub Continent tours.