• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at Sydney (?) - Jan 5-9 2022

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, that came alive fast. Fair spell from Cummins when he looked cooked.

The fact that the Test went down to the wire somewhat literally is gonna leave Cummins with declaration question marks but ehhh, I don't think it was too badly off. If one of the chances earlier in the innings gets taken (Stokes drop, Bairstow run-out) Australia win. Unlike some of Australia's 4th innings attempts I don't think Australia playedf too badly, they were just a bit overloaded on a flat deck with some good middle-order batting.

Fair effort for England to fight with the bat, at 4/36 it looked like it was going to be a disaster give-up.

morgieb

Great game of cricket. Mitch Starc clearly has questions to answer for failing to blow away the tail.
Probably would've done better if he had his catches caught tbf

Seemed more of a physical question mark then a mental one though the question marks will begin given previous Tests.

Kirkut

International Regular
I held a belief that Cummins doesn't bowl yorkers, but that ball to Wood was top of the shelf stuff.

If he can bowl more of those he can run through batting line ups in the subcontinent as well.

Spikey

marcus harris can't have the "you don't charge a winning team" rule save him if we don't win. thanks alex carey!

TheJediBrah

Solid game. Rain definitely decided the result in the end.

Don't think Aus declared too late, any earlier would have been an unacceptable risk.

Starc needs "resting". Don't make the same mistake they did last year and go into the final Test with a worn-out attack

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Biggest missed opportunity in those last few overs for Australia was that full over Cummins had to Broad; would've put your house on getting him out but didn't really challenge him enough. Don't think he got one right on the stumps.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
marcus harris can't have the "you don't charge a winning team" rule save him if we don't win. thanks alex carey!
I'm astounded there is talk of Ussie being dropped.

I'm sorry, but if a white Australian player made back-to-back hundreds, there is no way in hell he would be dropped under any circumstances (beyond him engaging in some wrong conduct on or off the field) for the next test.

Burgey

I'm astounded there is talk of Ussie being dropped.

I'm sorry, but if a white Australian player made back-to-back hundreds, there is no way in hell he would be dropped under any circumstances (beyond him engaging in some wrong conduct on or off the field) for the next test.
@Shady Slim to comment