• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
it's almost as if these things are judged by watching the game.
Lol @ thinking those who commented on those pitches actually watched those games.

And what a shambles, England. Hopefully they can send off Broad and Anderson and Buttler now and see what best they can do with the rest. There is also the cloud of further covid tests over the next few days. I think they may actually be happy to get a bunch of positive tests and leave without playing the next two tests. This has been the most abject English performance in Australia in my time of watching. And that is saying something. Root and Silverwood must go. I know its a bit like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic but as captain and coach, you gotta have the best plans possible with whatever side you have and they have not. And I will blame them directly for bowling Archer to the dust.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lol @ thinking those who commented on those pitches actually watched those games.
?

i watched those two games in full. plenty of other people who didn't like those pitches did too. ftr i think this pitch was marginally on the spicy side - a bit too much inconsistent bounce - but from a movement point of view it was fine. certainly no more spicy than some of the d/n pitches served up at adelaide in the last few years. australia got to 270 and could have gotten more had england's bowling dropped off at any stage aside from one brief period post-lunch; that's a sign of a fair pitch imo.

edit: actually i think it was only the d/n pitch i had an issue with during that india/england series. the chennai pitch was fine.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Root and Silverwood must go. I know its a bit like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic but as captain and coach, you gotta have the best plans possible with whatever side you have and they have not. And I will blame them directly for bowling Archer to the dust.
And who do you replace Root with? Stokes might be a better tactician but the guy just had time out from the international game for his mental health, and he's looked absolutely cooked in this series. I'm almost certain that would be a bad idea. Who else is there? No one else commands a spot, unless they're a bowler and there's no captains in there.

Shri

Mr. Glass
there are no quick fixes to eng's problems

get rid of the duke, no grass in pitches, let the ball turn on day 4 of county games, let their batsmen learn how to play shots and score runs and build an innings

silverwood and root cannot do anything if eng hasn't found a decent test batsman since 2012

well maybe they can not bat on one leg in the nets but still, not a whole lot

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there are no quick fixes to eng's problems

get rid of the duke, no grass in pitches, let the ball turn on day 4 of county games, let their batsmen learn how to play shots and score runs and build an innings

silverwood and root cannot do anything if eng hasn't found a decent test batsman since 2012

well maybe they can not bat on one leg in the nets but still, not a whole lot
There are no fixes, not just short term.

England as a racist evil colonial superpower is done. They retreated from the EU, their Prince said the monarchy was racist and ran away, the highlight of their cuisine is bread sauce and they host The Hundred.

It’s over. Done.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There are no fixes, not just short term.

England as a racist evil colonial superpower is done. They retreated from the EU, their Prince said the monarchy was racist and ran away, the highlight of their cuisine is bread sauce and they host The Hundred.

It’s over. Done.
Disappointed you did not do this.

D O N E
O
N
E