• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
"consensual and private exchange that occurred between two mature adults and was not repeated" was the words used here to describe the incident. Where the pics unsolicited or not? Don't think sending an unsolicited dick pic is "consensual" in any way and frankly it's disgusting language if that is the case.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were flirting and Timmy made a misstep. The entire thing has just been scandal hunting. Good to see some push-back against the narrative tbh.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
They were flirting and Timmy made a misstep. The entire thing has just been scandal hunting. Good to see some push-back against the narrative tbh.
The whole situation does reek of media trying to get a headline and CA freaking out that there golden boy image would be ruined tbh, but sending a chick you've been flirting with behind your missus back an unsolicited **** pick sounds like a violation that should have had repercussions of some variety when it occurred. If the pics where consensual that's a different thing completely.

trundler

The whole situation does reek of media trying to get a headline and CA freaking out that there golden boy image would be ruined tbh, but sending a chick you've been flirting with behind your missus back an unsolicited **** pick sounds like a violation that should have had repercussions of some variety when it occurred. If the pics where consensual that's a different thing completely.
I mean yeah it reflects poorly on his character to say the least and it's hilarious that it happened to goody two shoes Paine but losing the captaincy over it is just daft. Been blown way out of proportion.

Spikey

yeah the captain of the australian test team can't have the "*** pest" label hanging on them. it's absurd that the old CA board chickened out of sacking him when they should have

Flem274*

123/5
yeah the captain of the australian test team can't have the "*** pest" label hanging on them. it's absurd that the old CA board chickened out of sacking him when they should have
Sure they can. Tim Paine's (legal and consensual) personal life literally does not matter and it should not be permitted to matter, otherwise we all exist at the whim of malicious media muckrakers.

pretty sure Aaron Smith was stand in skipper at least once for the All Blacks in the post-disabled bathroom era, and they're a far better and more prestigious team than the Australian cricket team.

Spikey

being captain of the Australian test team isn't being about the best possible captain. it's about being the model player, someone whose mug you can stick on every advert, poster and video game cover. they're the figurehead of the game. it's why shane warne didn't get the gig and it's why steve smith isn't an automatic return. paine clearly couldn't continue in his role the moment news broke that he sent a dick pic and the receiver complained about it.

now, I happen to think the biggest failure of the post-Steve Smith captaincy has been not doing anything about the God-like status we give to the test team captain, it needs to be destroyed and from there, who knows maybe Paine could have survived, but I didn't see Tim Paine and the CA board doing anything to have the captain be treated like a mortal over the past 3 years

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost them 2 BG home series

Flem274*

123/5
being captain of the Australian test team isn't being about the best possible captain. it's about being the model player, someone whose mug you can stick on every advert, poster and video game cover. they're the figurehead of the game. it's why shane warne didn't get the gig. paine clearly couldn't in his role the moment news broke that he sent a dick pic and the receiver complained about it.

now, I happen to think the biggest failure of the post-Steve Smith captaincy has been not doing anything about the God-like status we give to the test team captain, it needs to be destroyed, but I didn't see Tim Paine and the CA board doing anything about that over the past 3 years.
I wouldn't call Steve Smith (before the thing), Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting and Steve Waugh model players purely for some of their on field behaviour, and that's fine, they're there to manage Australia's game not win spirit of cricket awards.

Tim Paine whipping it out during his off time is a pile of nothing to the rest of the world and CA needs to rejoin it. Paine should have made them fire him.

I don't doubt CA would, I just think they're total morons.

Spikey

I wouldn't call Steve Smith (before the thing), Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting and Steve Waugh model players purely for some of their on field behaviour, and that's fine, they're there to manage Australia's game not win spirit of cricket awards.

Tim Paine whipping it out during his off time is a pile of nothing to the rest of the world and CA needs to rejoin it. Paine should have made them fire him.

I don't doubt CA would, I just think they're total morons.
Ricky Ponting being upset after a DRS call or whatever is of course not comparable to possible ***ual harassment

I think this thread is a pretty good example of how having a board that is about 90% male, at the very least, can perhaps lead to a thread that is slightly out of touch. Tim Paine whipping it out to a woman who has then said she didn't much appreciate that is not a pile of nothing to quite a lot of people.

Like, it's open and shut. Paine couldn't stay on and he knew it.

trundler

Nah, there's a definite grey area there given the nature of the interaction. Sacking him would've been a no brainer if the inquiry had concluded misconduct. There's an obvious conflation of that with general outrage about the Aussie captain not being a good husband, which is way more clear-cut but should have no bearing on him as a player and captain. CA's reaction to Sandpapergate was OTT too and this is much the same but even worse because it has nothing to do with cricket to begin with.

Spikey

yeah there's a grey area. what is truly clear is that Paine sent a dick pic, and the receiver complained. This meant the moment the world became aware, Paine had no chance of holding onto the captaincy.

if this matter had been reported to the CA board before Sandpaper, he would have been immediately ruled out of the running to replace Smith and the captaincy would have been given to Usman or whoever.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Saw the headline and dropped by to see what CW had to say about it.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah there's a grey area. what is truly clear is that Paine sent a dick pic, and the receiver complained. This meant the moment the world became aware, Paine had no chance of holding onto the captaincy.

if this matter had been reported to the CA board before Sandpaper, he would have been immediately ruled out of the running to replace Smith and the captaincy would have been given to Usman or whoever.
What would a timeline with usman as permanent captain even look like?

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spikey is being a fool. Who are heroes for? Children, and manchildren.

Let our "Role models" be the evil sons of bitches they all are. I want to see nudes, I want to see them doing cocaine on CCTV footage, I want to hear they murdered someone over a TikTok and still have franchising rights on their faces.

I've always been a fan of marketing human beings as human beings. Marketing them as anything else is like marketing Grenfell Tower as a good opportunity to set fire to your desire for rental property.