• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, a person getting pressured to stand down for having an extra-marital relationship because it represents bad PR in a hyper-moralising era is the sort of thing we'll look back on with bemusement in a future, less-hysterical era. They had no problem with it four years ago when it was investigated, with "no wrongdoing" found. Which presumably means it was consensual and solicited. It's at least slightly farcical having him stand down now because it's a story.
True, if it was a good player I'd be mad

Aritro

International Regular
Chaps in Whatsapp groups saying it was unsolicited. They've never been right before so I'm probably safe, but if they are, I retract the previous post.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chaps in Whatsapp groups saying it was unsolicited. They've never been right before so I'm probably safe, but if they are, I retract the previous post.
The woman certainly claims it was unsolicited. The context of the conversation in question is a bit hmm though.

TheJediBrah

From what little I've seen it looks like she initiated the flirting but he took it further than she wanted it to go. As with all of these things it's generally a matter of how much you trust each side of the story.

Kirkut

International Regular
This could be four dimensional chess from Cricket Australia. They force Paine to resign, thereby removing an issue from the team. Then, if Root gets more implicated in the racism scandal, CA take the high ground - look at us! our captain resigned for something he did four years ago! Why won't you? Thus destabilising England even further.
Yeah, full blown psychological warfare here.

Chubb

International Regular
Have we determined why this is coming out now though? If it was supposedly sorted 4 years ago?
It is the obvious time to leak a damaging story about the Australian cricket captain, ahead of a home ashes series. Maybe Paine has pissed someone off. Maybe someone just did it for the lulz.

Spikey

Well the obvious time was when he got recalled, and then made captain on the basis of being good one nice boy Tim Paine

Chubb

International Regular
Well the obvious time was when he got recalled, and then made captain on the basis of being good one nice boy Tim Paine
Good point - whoever publicised this now may not have had the motivation to do so at the time, or did not know about it then.

TheJediBrah

It is the obvious time to leak a damaging story about the Australian cricket captain, ahead of a home ashes series. Maybe Paine has pissed someone off. Maybe someone just did it for the lulz.
More likely to have a financial reason I would have thought

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I mean, I dont personally think it is anything heinous he has done or something like that, and it does look like it was very much consensual even if maybe the pic was unsolicited. But it is hilarious that a guy who came up with sledging gems such as "babysit my kids" "you cant seriously like him as a bloke" "I have more friends in Indian than you do, you goose" has to admit to something like this.

And from what I read, it looks like the lady complained about this to cover up some other issue she was involved in as well.

Daily Mail said:
"However, he complaints were only made about seven months later when the woman was when she was charged with stealing. Those charges are still before the courts."
Damn, this is hilarious though. :laugh:

"

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Ugh I hate putting news(dot)com as a source.

The story from Cricket Tasmania is that no complaints were made at the time, nor when the employee was dismissed (the Fox Sports story says they quit, that's apparently not the case), and were only filed when criminal charges were filed against the employee. They determined that it was an action between consenting adults and did not pursue the matter further.