• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Tigers: Bangladesh News, Selection, Fanboying and Fury

Aritro

International Regular

About Mushfiqur:

I already mentioned in NZ series thread that Mushfiq seems to be perfect for tough conditions but when you need 9/10 RPO, he does not cut it really. But from selectors POV, the selection is understandable.

About Soumya Sarkar:

Should not be in the squad imo.

Otherwise not too much complaints about the squad as they are the group of players playing in last few series together. I don’t have really too much hope for this squad in t20. When we go out of our comfort zone, we are going to be exposed.
No complaints from me either. There might be a genuine conversation to be had about Rubel's merits vis a vis a celery in various domains but I'll gladly take him in white ball cricket as a reserve.

Would have been nice to have Mosaddek in the squad, on the basis that I rate him based more or less on one innings at the ODI World Cup when he was seeing them well but it's probably hard to justify picking someone when they've barely made a run in about five years.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
It's hard to gauge how **** we're going to be until we see the pitches, but even getting a single win in the main tournament might be a good result. All these sub-130 scores have distracted attention from the fact that we have a team entirely lacking in the sort of muscular oafs that you need as a basic necessity in T20.

You need to get a good portion of your runs off good balls which ultimately comes down to bat speed. And you also need to be able to score fours and sixes off slower balls, which we're absolutely awful at. I don't watch much of this ****, but having had a look at the Windies in their recent matches against South Africa, it was pretty evident what a difference it makes to have these types in your team.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
shakib and marmadoola can send them a long way back
Shakib probably qualifies. Mahmudullah is a bit too orthodox and doesn't really clout the good, or sort-of-good balls.

Saifuddin is our best hitter. Just a heads up; I'll be beating the "Saif should having a floating role in the order" drum for the entire tournament and possibly the next ten years.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Shakib probably qualifies. Mahmudullah is a bit too orthodox and doesn't really clout the good, or sort-of-good balls.

Saifuddin is our best hitter. Just a heads up; I'll be beating the "Saif should having a floating role in the order" drum for the entire tournament and possibly for the next ten years.
haha, I just looked him up on cricinfo. I always assumed he was a bowler who could do some batting, but looks like he meets genuine allrounder status in red ball cricket.

Aritro

International Regular
I thought he actually started out as a batting all-rounder (citation needed?) and IMO he's being misused as a bowling one. Aside from having a great eye, he's got the footwork and technique of a proper batsman. I suspect it won't be too long before he gets done for chucking again, and in that event, I'd gladly pick him as a batter alone.

Aritro

International Regular
ODI batting record filtered for matches against major teams. Not much wrong with this at all given we bat him at 8 or 9.

Also, name another team that bats a bloke with a FC average of 46 in the tail. **** we must be good.

1631194958519.png

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Saifuddin is an interesting case. I think he’s first true pace bowling all rounder from BD. Previously we had likes of Khaled Mahmud (lol) and Abul Hasan (another lol). While Saifuddin is quite good with block hole bowling and off in dippers, I have huge concerns regarding him bowling in tests. But he can play as third/fourth seamer though. About his batting, I’m really impressed with what he could do in limited opportunities he got. His batting > bowling imo. Problem is current BD team management does not regard his batting highly.

Aritro

International Regular
Afif the most elegant batsman ever from BD?

Absolutely. Tamim was cavalier and graceful because of his balance and timing but it was nothing like this. The finishing position on that first drive should be turned into a sculpture.

EDIT: Actually nah, Ashraful was more graceful. He was a joy to watch for the 45 minutes max he ever lasted at the crease.