• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I think probably need to start India Doom and Gloom thread.

Never have felt this empty inside after a long, by the margin of victory, a thorough rout.

I hope the curator will bring in a road roller and make it an absolute Keira Knightly for the last test. Our pampered batsmen would at least make a 400 on that.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
think this pink ball sucks too

first, the extra coating for shine that makes it drift sometimes and skid through

then the seam that gets difficult to spot

think if we had a red ball game on the same surface, both teams would score another 100 runs per innings, at least in the first innings anyway
Pink ball isn't suited for SC conditions. End of.

Its a fad and wouldn't well to die a quick death.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rot started before that I think.
It’s arguable that the first test was basically just Root too - without him they are seriously up ****creek; they don’t have the attack or the batting to duke it out in a Russian roulette like this.
And if it’s a flattish pitch, if Root doesn’t score they’re probably still ****ed.
While true, dont forget the role of Anderson there. Without him, that game was a draw. Guy showed his class and won them the game when it could have easily been drawn.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh don't get me wrong its definitely a "bad" pitch and would have no problem with ICC rating it poor . I just think it's funny to have one shock the system from time to time and put the pampered batsmen in their place.
haha tbh I picked you at random. I decided two India fans needed to be banned and one was always going to be Daemon.

In hindsight I regret banning you and not that scumbag Teja

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I do think this was a bad pitch but like I said, it did not favor the side winning the toss and it did not pose physical danger (except the landing area for seamers but that seems to be an issue due to the dew as well).

The two Chennai pitches were fair, this was one was bad. None poor yet. Those are the ones like Nagpur 2012 or something that poses actual physical danger for the batsmen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, first day of that one was rained off then the match was over in about 170 overs
Weirdly, I dont think any of the Indians complained about the pitch being "unfair".

TBH, though, that was also due to the overhead conditions. But then again, a lot of what happened this game seems to be due to the pink ball too. We will find out next week, I guess.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbf I don't think anyone is saying the wicket was 'unfair' hb. We both had to play on it and we were considerably worse.

It was a very poor wicket though.
You guys here on CW have been top notch all tour. And I guess it depends on how you define "poor". To me, a pitch that is flat all 5 days, or something that gives an unfair advantage to winning the toss, or something that poses physical danger for the batsmen is what will constitute a "poor" pitch. But we are just arguing degrees here. I agree this was a bad pitch.

And about the fans, I was talking about twitter. Seems David Lloyd has already started the meltdown. Wonder if we can dig up what he had to say about Lords 2018. :laugh: