• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Window

U19 Debutant
I wonder if the Gabba chase will lead to teams being more risk averse in declaring against India, and what we’re seeing is an example of that. Sure it doesn’t make sense since it’s different conditions and all but still not all tactics are rational.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
get sundar on ffs

how much worse can he be than nadeem
Although we have better spin bowlers than Nadeem and Sundar for tests, those two aren't as bad as they look in this game. The pitch, despite of being deteriorated is not as bad as some of the Indian batsmen made it look, Pujara applied himself and played according to the conditions and did fine, some of the batsmen didn't look like they had any plan to counter the turn.

The wicket, despite the turn is a little slow and is still not that bad for batting and that might be one of the reasons why Root isn't declaring.

Spark

Global Moderator
*wrong... Its like the 3rd umpire does not know the change in rule with respect to the foot not requried to be grounded.
Hasn't that always been a rule?

There were a few questionable no ball calls in the Aus series too. I guess they're making very quick decisions and marginal errors will occur; certainly still an improvement on before.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hasn't that always been a rule?

There were a few questionable no ball calls in the Aus series too. I guess they're making very quick decisions and marginal errors will occur; certainly still an improvement on before.
Not really... the rule was changed not very long ago when it is no longer required to "ground" the foot behind the line coz of the many bowlers who bowl off pivotting on their toes. Those were laughably wrong calls, a good chunk of the foot was behind the line, just not grounded.

Spark

Global Moderator
Warne is not happy!
we really don't need to know the thoughts of shane warne thanks

Not really... the rule was changed not very long ago when it is no longer required to "ground" the foot behind the line coz of the many bowlers who bowl off pivotting on their toes. Those were laughably wrong calls, a good chunk of the foot was behind the line, just not grounded.
i'm really confused because i was under the impression this had been the case for years and years