• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm genuinely astonished that hasn't been given out. Like, what rationale has the ump used there to not give that out?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'll take 135ao.

I haven't seen any of it, but my impression is that Broad was outstanding, Bess was OK but flattered by a fivefer and Leach and Wood's figures don't quite do them justice. No idea about Curran.

cnerd123

likes this
I'll take 135ao.

I haven't seen any of it, but my impression is that Broad was outstanding, Bess was OK but flattered by a fivefer and Leach and Wood's figures don't quite do them justice. No idea about Curran.
Broad was okay, Bess was unremarkable, the rest bowled about as well as the figures suggest. SL batting was shocking, coupled with two unlucky dismissals.

91Jmay

International Coach
I'll take 135ao.

Curran did ok, bowled pretty straight to a plan

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Don't think what I saw was test cricket. SL batters played some audacious shots, inside out against the spin when turning but why couldn't they ground it out. The last 3-4 wickets had bit of luck involved but even if they survived those they'd have got out playing more reverse sweeps.

They got to play better at home on their conditions. Both Bess and Leach bowled tight lines but surely SL will have faced that sort of bowling plenty growing up.