• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian players racially abused at SCG

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mostly take issue because the only posts Senile Sentry has even made in this thread basically amount to "Australians are racist". No acknowledgement of the efforts taken by the SCG security. No suggestions for how to stop racists from buying tickets to the cricket and shouting their racist filth. Just "Australians are racist".

And if course you were taking a pot shot at Burgey. Everyone knows it. You have a problem with Australia and/ or Australians and that's fine. But the way you're posting is flame bait, not in any way productive.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
feel free to direct me to all the other threads you've made about problems in every country's cricket.

Ftr I don't have a problem with you at all I find your posts quite enjoyable for the most part. Just saying if we're going to allow one stripe of nationalistic ****posting then we should allow them all.
Another bit of whataboutery. This is an open forum and nothing is preventing you as well from creating threads if you really think there is a problem in other nations cricket, is there?

This argument is so funny. Next time we set out to discuss Lyon's issues, I have to discuss Ashwin's and everything other spinners' issues so that I can prove my secular credentials ? Lame.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys, please do not comment on racism in Australia unless you are also gonna comment on racism in the other 200 countries and have done a thesis on race.
**** me it's precious to cry about racism in other countries getting brought up in a thread about racism in a certain country. It's a natural progression of discussion.

Another bit of whataboutery. This is an open forum and nothing is preventing you as well from creating threads if you really think there is a problem in other nations cricket, is there?

This argument is so funny. Next time we set out to discuss Lyon's issues, I have to discuss Ashwin's and everything other spinners' issues so that I can prove my secular credentials ? Lame.
I never said you have to do anything?

stephen

But you're not discussing, you're inciting. There's a difference that only the truly stupid can't recognise.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I am flattered this thread has turned into Senile Sentry vs the Aussies, although that was none of my intention.

I am glad the posts have come out for the neutral observer to see and evaluate. Muzzle the messenger. I expect to be infracted for damaging the forum atmosphere or.soemthing.

My last post on this thread.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If only.

Lol why would you get infracted for this thread? Bizarre victim complex stuff.

stephen

I am flattered this thread has turned into Senile Sentry vs the Aussies, although that was none of my intention.

I am glad the posts have come out for the neutral observer to see and evaluate. Muzzle the messenger. I expect to be infracted for damaging the forum atmosphere or.soemthing.

My last post on this thread.
Can we make it your last post in any thread?

cnerd123

likes this
I mostly take issue because the only posts Senile Sentry has even made in this thread basically amount to "Australians are racist". No acknowledgement of the efforts taken by the SCG security. No suggestions for how to stop racists from buying tickets to the cricket and shouting their racist filth. Just "Australians are racist".

And if course you were taking a pot shot at Burgey. Everyone knows it. You have a problem with Australia and/ or Australians and that's fine. But the way you're posting is flame bait, not in any way productive.
yea this thread has outlived it's purpose. There was an incident, the news was breaking, investigation was done, appropriate actions were taken, everyone was satisfied and moved on.

Makes sense for this thread to eventually evolve into a general discussion on racism in sport and crowd behavior at events, but there really is nothing for anyone to get angry about here.

Just goes to show how good this series has been w/regards to player conduct and the spirit of the game. Otherwise small issues are getting well blown out of proportion because people are craving some drama and/or are bored at home on their screens all day.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hoo boy this thread went places.

(a) Cowan is absolutely correct and his observations are accurate.

(b) Senile Sentry should know that simply reposting that article and quoting the most eye-catching part of that article without so much of a whiff of context or any addition to the discussion of his own is in no way a neutral action, especially in the light of how his posting has been perceived by other posters throughout this series (not just Australian posters either). Simply quoting "Oh yeah Australia is racist af" and saying literally nothing else, in the light of Senile Sentry's other contributions in this forum, is never going to be perceived by people here as an objective contribution to the discussion as opposed to "ah yes, another way to get one over them Aussies". In that sense, stephen him interpreting Senile Sentry's initial contextless contribution as basically a metaphorical pipe bomb being thrown at the discussion, as opposed to a good faith attempt to discuss racism with an eye to try and making it better, as opposed to just beating down on Australian society and - more to the point - Australian posters is an entirely predictable one from my point of view and nothing else was going to occur.

(c) Stephen went waaaaay over the top in his attempt to whatabout the initial post, bringing in entirely unrelated topics about racism in India and elsewhere - as if that's a mitigating factor, or as if that makes Siraj or any of the other people subject to racism within Australian society and within Australian cricket circles feel any better. This, as I've said many many times, is unalloyed Bad Posting and is particularly bad here because of how sensitive the topic is.

There's a productive discussion to be had on this topic. But Senile Sentry and stephen's contributions are absolutely not the way to do it. Posters here are not robots, they can and will view your posts in the context of the patterns of your posting in the last few months and overall and I don't think anyone would question that Senile Sentry's has had a strong tendency to take any opportunity to needle Australian posters. Stephen's reply, though, is just flat-out off topic and quite frankly is exactly what many Australian posters criticised sunilz for back last year. Glass houses, stones etc.

Shri

Mr. Glass
**** me it's precious to cry about racism in other countries getting brought up in a thread about racism in a certain country. It's a natural progression of discussion.

I never said you have to do anything?
guys get your protractors out

tjb is about to give us the angle we are going to take in this discussion