• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auto Picks

Bitmap

First Class Debutant
Australia-: Bradman, Gilchrist, McGrath
West Indies-: Richards, Lara, Sobers, Marshall
England-: Hobbs, Hammond, Trueman, Barnes
South Africa-: Kallis, G Pollock, Steyn, Donald
India-: Gavaskar, Dravid, Tendulkar, Kapil
Pakistan-: Hanif, Younis, Miandad, Imran, Wasim, Waqar
NZ-: Williamson, Crowe, Hadlee, Vettori
SL-: Sangakkara, Mahela, Aravinda, Vaas, Muralitharan

cnerd123

likes this
For Zimbabwe Andy Flower and Heath Streak are auto picks. Could argue Taylor, Masakadza, Olongo and Flower Jnr are autopicks as well. Price and Strang competing for the spinner's slot.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
For Zimbabwe Andy Flower and Heath Streak are auto picks. Could argue Taylor, Masakadza, Olongo and Flower Jnr are autopicks as well. Price and Strang competing for the spinner's slot.
Eddo Brandes would have been in easily if he was't injured so often

cnerd123

likes this
Murray Goodwin and Brendan Taylor too, surely?
Yea I mentioned Taylor. Goodwin a good shout. Didn't play as many Tests for Zim as he should have but defo a quality player.

Graeme Cremer would be a decent shout for that spinner's role as well. IMO he was one of Zim's best captains post-2005.
Yea. 3 spinners in competition for that spot for Zim, so no real auto pick for that role tbf. Not sure who I'd pick of the 3 really - I personally rate Ray Price, and never saw enough of Strang or Cremer bowling in long format cricket to tell who the better legspinner was.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Same here, from the little I saw of Price he impressed me greatly. Would love to have seen a bit more of Strang, I know that he was very highly regarded when he was active. Was considered to be Zimbabwe's #1 threat with the ball behind Heath Streak.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Olonga wasn't that great, and the whole point of auto picks is that "could argue" doesn't come into it. If you're an auto pick then there's is no argument. At this point you're just discussing your opinion of what an ATG side should look like.