• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paine and Ashwin interactions

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Starting to get to the point where I dislike more current Australian cricketers than those that I like, if it wasn't there already.

Marnus and Cummins are pretty much it

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Green, Cummins, Marnus and reformed Davey all pretty likeable IMO. Steve Smith and Paine have tried their best to suppress their inner ****tiness over the last couple of years but it does pop out now and then. I really think Starc is the opposite who is basically a nice guy who has had to suppress it to put on a front for the last 6 years or so, hopefully he can go back to being himself if and when Cummins takes over.

TheJediBrah

I loved the Aussie team in the 00's but that was probably because I was a kid and didn't even know they were ****s

OverratedSanity

The paine sledging and the Smith scratching Pant's guard (:naughty:) incidents were pretty childish, but I'm surprised not more was made of Wade's conduct throughout the test. Vihari literally couldnt move his leg out of his crease so there was no question of him attempting to run and yet he was twice hit "unintentionally" by needless throws from Wade. Was really ****ty imo. He also did a very strange imitation of Ashwin being hit by a bouncer, although again that seemed more of the mostly harmless variety like the the other incidents.

The team's supposed culture change under a new captain was always a joke but I hope this isn't a sign of a return to the unsavouriness we always get in any close series vs Australia.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Why so salty? :laugh: I was on the train the first time I saw him play, in all fairness.
Not salty at all, but I had a bit of time for him ever since his FC debut where he saw out a a brilliant couple of Chadd Sayers spells (took a hatty while Marnus was at the other end) and still was a fan when he was averaging 30ish after a couple of seasons. Then he was second on the runscorers list in 2017/18 domestically, all hell broke loose in Cape Town, and with the Pakistan tour in the UAE coming up, he got the callup based on his domestic runs, most certainly was not plucked out of nowhere as you have implied before.

Nothing personal, but the narrative of his career is definitely exaggerated quite often

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not salty at all, but I had a bit of time for him ever since his FC debut where he saw out a a brilliant couple of Chadd Sayers spells (took a hatty while Marnus was at the other end) and still was a fan when he was averaging 30ish after a couple of seasons. Then he was second on the runscorers list in 2017/18 domestically, all hell broke loose in Cape Town, and with the Pakistan tour in the UAE coming up, he got the callup based on his domestic runs, most certainly was not plucked out of nowhere as you have implied before.

Nothing personal, but the narrative of his career is definitely exaggerated quite often
I am not intending to do this argument again but a lot of the media did speculate he came from nowhere when he was picked for the A tour to India which is where I first heard of him and I think saw him bat in one game.

In a related thought, I think a county deal similar to the one Marnus had in 2018 should help Head reach the next level as a batsman too. Not saying he will be as good as Labu but he has a lot of attributes to be a very good test batsman and I think playing for a side where you are expected to be the lead batsman and make runs everytime etc., even if it is a lower standard, is something that can really help him as I feel it is that part of his game that needs the most work.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not intending to do this argument again but a lot of the media did speculate he came from nowhere when he was picked for the A tour to India which is where I first heard of him and I think saw him bat in one game.

In a related thought, I think a county deal similar to the one Marnus had in 2018 should help Head reach the next level as a batsman too. Not saying he will be as good as Labu but he has a lot of attributes to be a very good test batsman and I think playing for a side where you are expected to be the lead batsman and make runs everytime etc., even if it is a lower standard, is something that can really help him as I feel it is that part of his game that needs the most work.
The Australian cricketing media are, generally speaking, absolute morons who wouldn't recognise your average Shield cricketer if they were staring him right in the face. Not worth paying attention to.

Otherwise I broadly agree

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The Australian cricketing media are, generally speaking, absolute morons who wouldn't recognise your average Shield cricketer if they were staring him right in the face. Not worth paying attention to.

Otherwise I broadly agree
Its fine, coz you probably follow Aussie domestic much more than many do even in Australia. But on this forum, I was still one of the few who was on the Marnus train very early. Maybe later than you, but earlier than many others. I was on the Zak Crawley train too before many. Think I should call the other next #3s too, while I am at it. :p

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Its fine, coz you probably follow Aussie domestic much more than many do even in Australia. But on this forum, I was still one of the few who was on the Marnus train very early. Maybe later than you, but earlier than many others. I was on the Zak Crawley train too before many. Think I should call the other next #3s too, while I am at it. :p
I'm on the Zak Crawley train pretty much entirely because he was born on the exact same day as myself. I am probably marginally older considering timezones, but likely not by much

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I suppose Red means that an opposition captain saying something like I have more friends in your country than you do can hurt someone's feelings more than a random guy in the crowd calling you a racist slur. I mean, I guess there maybe folks who will be hurt more by the former than the latter but it is obvious what is worse from a normal perspective.